Gold Basin Thief Caught

14 hours ago, jasong said:

Then of course that murder down off Gladiola and Gregg's.

I have followed that 'case' here.

https://nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/topic/31485-gold-basin-murder-update/?tab=comments#comment-310755

After the house was knocked off the foundation it was vandalized repeatedly until one trip I took it was all gone.  Empie's house was also picked up and only the stacked rocks remain.

This caused me to look up what happened and he just pleaded guilty.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/empie-pleads-guilty-in-2016-meadview-murder/article_caba4722-89dc-11ea-833e-b7ddd73fd780.html

• Like 1

Well at least there is one less scumbag out there , hopefully the rest of the mess with the authorities will work out for you.

• Like 1

So tell me why all of this 'stuff' that they took was still in storage and not sold?  This is the more than curious part to me in many similar thefts.  Tons and tons of stuff is recovered.  Much of it could be traced back to the owners so they keep it.  How do they cash out?  

I'm sure the land and lot sales people out there didn't tell the new purchasers that they will lose anything valuable in their sheds or cabins.  I would think they would be required to disclose it to the buyers because they pay the real estate taxes for roads and protection.  

No idea but I'm guessing when they commit 35+ burgalaries in that short of time, that they can't sell everything, and so stash it. The deputy told me there were at least 4 stash houses/lots and they were still finding more as they unravel the theft ring. My ATV had already been sold by original thief and transferred to another thief who was stripping stolen stuff on a vacant, hidden lot.

They probably stash stuff, let it cool down, and then try to find a bulk buyer in LA, Vegas, or Mexico and then get rid of it all at once. The sheer amount of stolen items they had would overwhelm all the pawn shops and swap meets in Kingman, Bullhead City, and Lake Havasu combined if they tried selling it at once. Not to mention, it's the first place people like me start combing to find my stolen stuff and they'd get caught quickly. So clearly they have some other network to get rid of the stolen stuff.

My impression was they were stealing RV's like basically every day, or whenever they found one that no one was looking after daily. That's a lot of stuff to store. I am looking at a few of their residences on Google aerials now that I have names, and their houses are already full with vehicles, ATVs, and RV's. So, they probably steal stuff then dump it off on an abandoned lot while they work to get rid of it.

There are thousands of abandoned lots out there, many with buildings on them. So they can just stash stuff for free wherever they want and the odds are very slim the owner will ever show up, most of those lots are owned/inherited by absentee out of staters who've never seen them, and a lot are owned by Chinese investors who never will step foot on them.

I have the lat/lon my ATV was recovered at, and this appears to be exactly what happened with my stuff. There is a well organized, large network of thieves there in Dolan Springs working together to steal, hide, and fence stolen goods. And that says something when you realize how few people actually live there, the number of crooks there on a per capita basis is off the charts. It makes sense though when you look at how few businesses are there and wonder how these people actually support themselves or make money. Drugs and theft is a huge part of it.

• Like 2

You should be able to get the atv back without any fees. The impound company has to notify you that it was impounded. If you got a lawyer friend give them a hollar and maybe they can draft up a nice letter.

Hope you engrave and mark your equipment in the future and keep photographic records of the stuff in case this happens again.

Glad they got the bugger.

• Like 1

Jasong, thanks for sharing your trial and tribulations with the thieves and thieves and thieves.   It helps me ask the right questions as I look at places for retirement or summer homes.

Mike

Sorry to here about all that stuff. You will not have to pay storage fees, local and county governments contract with towing company's to remove stolen property and to store it. Also most have impound yards to store stolen items and vehicles. The only way you would be responsible would be if was towed from a private or govt. lot. Most district courts would find in your favor for not incurring these kinds of charges. In the future invest in some GPS trackers that you can hide on your stuff, not that expensive. I'm not sure if your OK with carrying a gun, but I would certainly consider it in remote places. Nobody wants to give their life to a crack head without a fight. I wish you the best on getting your stuff back. Also file a complaint with your local district attorneys office and state attorney generals office on how said property was allowed to be returned to the wrong people. If no response reach out to your local state representative. They can be very help full  in cases like these. And for the love of god don't give up!!!!!  Call until they give you some answers on why you have to pay for your stolen items.  If that doesn't work bash them on facebook or twitter (gentleman like), and I guarantee you will have it resolved quickly, They know the power of social media. Last but not least contact your insurance company to see if they can help you out. I wish you the best with the outcome, please let us know how it works out.

Jason, I figured you might enjoy a little comic relief.

But in all seriousness, it sounds like there are more thugs involved in this criminal ring than just the theives. I hope you are victorious in your pursuit of justice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jasong said:

They probably stash stuff, let it cool down, and then try to find a bulk buyer in LA, Vegas, or Mexico and then get rid of it all at once

You are not too far off. 

Just have to wonder what in hell the sheriff is doing (or not doing, and why). Surely Jason you aren't the first person to report massive theft out there. It sounds like a really messed up place (except for Dolan Dave of course).

• Haha 1