May (four Hunts) 9 Gold For The Month

10 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Not been out in a while since the lock down but things are starting to ease..A Little. 

I know exactly what you mean on that, and as soon as I am able to get out I hope to find something as nice as you have.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

That's some awesome stuff there Joe. I would love to do some beach hunting but only get the chance once or twice a year. With 46 gold and 46 silvers I think I will start calling you Pirate Joe!!

Has a nice ring to it,   (Pun intended)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

More gold in 2 days than most of us see in a decade of detecting. Well done!

• Like 2

Very nice well done i am out tomorrow trying a new combo.........hopefully i ll get 8 gold :)

Congrats again!

RR

• Like 1

Many Thanks  for the Kind words.

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You have found more gold rings so far this year than most people find in a lifetime. You are also finding more gold than most of the gold prospectors on this forum so far this year.  Well done sir! :smile:

Thanks Steve, Like you said many years ago... hunting is site dependent. I'm Very Blessed to have a few good locations that if I stay on them something will eventually open.

Good Luck to everyone if you can get out and Be Safe...Joe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

hunting is site dependent. I'm Very Blessed to have a few good locations that if I stay on them something will eventually open.

So true! My wife and I walked the beach last night for a 1/2 hour. She then left me there so I could detect as the tide was going out. I had new batteries in my headlamp, but I believe they were good until 2017. Who knew that old batteries do not last very long? 😉 Anyway, after using my phone to light the way inside my transparent dry bag, I hit the sand with strong determination, but only found about 70¢ in about two miles of swinging. I tried the water, but after scaring a stingray away, I realized that I should not continue down that road without a better light. I tried the towel line, up closer to the dunes, down on the riffles and along the minimal cuts that were there, but nothing but a sore shoulder to show for the hours. I guess that's the difference between a good beach and a Gulf beach!

• Like 3