May (four Hunts) 9 Gold For The Month

6 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Many Thanks  for the Kind words.

Thanks Steve, Like you said many years ago... hunting is site dependent. I'm Very Blessed to have a few good locations that if I stay on them something will eventually open.

Good Luck to everyone if you can get out and Be Safe...Joe

I did extremely well on a beach in Hawaii and it made for some stories that made me look like some kind of fantastic detectorist. The reality is I was the first one to figure out the location and how to work it, and man was it a good location. But I was working out decades of accumulated rings, and now it’s hard to find more than recent drops at the same location. Unfortunately even the best jewelry locations deplete rapidly, forcing us to find the dwindling number of remaining good sites to continue to do as well. I like your setup Joe because it gives you the range to do just that.

• Like 2

One more for the pile. Hit a small out of the way beach that is up a cove, perfect when winds are bad. Took me a while to get settled in but got one small 10k gold ring, one silver ring, and a few coins. Funny I had all on video, came home started editing, renamed all of the files and trashed all the left overs. Some how in the mix I trashed the gold ring video that was misnamed.....I hate that. Oooo and I lost the silver ring in the mix but did save the video of it being dug..Crazzy day...

100524934_1130305430681935_6170268528466198528_n.jpg

• Like 3

Joe,outstanding finds,alas i am so far inland that i rarely get to beach detect,i admire folks like yourself and how they can read the beaches so well.

Very well done and may your finds bag over flow with more yellow finds.

• Like 1

Back out today, 3 hours...Something new......Working a small beach, fairly trashy. One small 10k stud Earring. Older 14k engagement ring. 

Sorry for the short post, I'm beat...

Many thanks to everyone for the kind words...Be Safe And Good Luck..Joe

20200523_220118.jpg

• Like 6