Joe Beechnut OBN

May (four Hunts) 9 Gold For The Month

10 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Not been out in a while since the lock down but things are starting to ease..A Little. 

I know exactly what you mean on that, and as soon as I am able to get out I hope to find something as nice as you have.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

That's some awesome stuff there Joe. I would love to do some beach hunting but only get the chance once or twice a year. With 46 gold and 46 silvers I think I will start calling you Pirate Joe!!

Has a nice ring to it,   (Pun intended)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just when I am at my wit's end, stuck working from home, beaches and parks closed in LA, along comes Joe with GOLD!  Love that class ring, Joe.  What year and school.

Thanks for posting.  Boy did I need this!

Bill

• Like 2

More gold in 2 days than most of us see in a decade of detecting. Well done!

• Like 2

You have found more gold rings so far this year than most people find in a lifetime. You are also finding more gold than most of the gold prospectors on this forum so far this year.  Well done sir! :smile:

• Like 4

That is some great reading of the beach! It amazes me how many rings people lose. 😳

• Like 1

Very nice well done i am out tomorrow trying a new combo.........hopefully i ll get 8 gold :)

Congrats again!

RR

• Like 1

Many Thanks  for the Kind words.

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You have found more gold rings so far this year than most people find in a lifetime. You are also finding more gold than most of the gold prospectors on this forum so far this year.  Well done sir! :smile:

Thanks Steve, Like you said many years ago... hunting is site dependent. I'm Very Blessed to have a few good locations that if I stay on them something will eventually open.

Good Luck to everyone if you can get out and Be Safe...Joe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

hunting is site dependent. I'm Very Blessed to have a few good locations that if I stay on them something will eventually open.

So true! My wife and I walked the beach last night for a 1/2 hour. She then left me there so I could detect as the tide was going out. I had new batteries in my headlamp, but I believe they were good until 2017. Who knew that old batteries do not last very long? 😉 Anyway, after using my phone to light the way inside my transparent dry bag, I hit the sand with strong determination, but only found about 70¢ in about two miles of swinging. I tried the water, but after scaring a stingray away, I realized that I should not continue down that road without a better light. I tried the towel line, up closer to the dunes, down on the riffles and along the minimal cuts that were there, but nothing but a sore shoulder to show for the hours. I guess that's the difference between a good beach and a Gulf beach!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Aaron
      Fun day at the lake, no gold this time but found a few old coins and 8.7 gram James Avery silver ring and a thing silver ring w stones. I wasn’t sure on the video the hallmarks were pretty small. Thanks, Aaron

• By Skullgolddiver
      There are few things a water hunter needs to be happy when doing his work...
      A good bottom condition and a well prepared machine to do the job.
      Many times I found good stuff but really struggling with a coil larger than 10".
      Vlf or pulse, will depend for the most by the environment type, but talking about coils, there's no comparison for a diver with an 8".Not only saltwater is a reduced problem with it, but between rocks, between waves,between any other thing, I still prefer to use a smaller coil.
      I'm in love with the AQ performance, for what I can see in multiple videos Joe OBN is publishing, but I only think about a smaller coil to be released soon.
      I hope Alexandre+FT are already working on this thing, cause otherwise I'll be forced to wait until that moment will be reality.
      8" coil is a rule for me.
    • By Dances With Doves
      I tested this just smaller then half inch earring that has a post about the  size of a staple and a  tiny mount for the small stone first with GMX and 6''  coil and it would hit it with a small sound in all angles       .The     Emi would effect this target at  certain times and you would notice it   with          the broken signals sometime then a much stronger hit after where I could  lift the coil and still  get it good.Tough targets on the  edge of detecting depth are very fragile when it comes to a  signal in high EMI areas.
    • By kac
      That brings me to another question. If you take the natural response of a single frequency machine, would a gold machine like the Gold Racer be better in high aluminum trash areas for cherry picking out gold? I am sure general coin shooting would be trickier as you start to lose the gamut on the higher conductors. Here is the ID scale on the Makro Gold Racer @ 56khz. I have a stupid thought in my head that I maybe able to use that to cherry pick some parks here that are just blankets of aluminum. I have sniped out the easy copper and silver but the can slaw is brutal.

• By Aaron
      This video also demonstrates that both low conductors are in the same exact VDI range.

• By mn90403
      I asked Joe how many gold rings he has found and he told me near 800!  That is an incredible number in my book.  It gave me pause to think about some of my local 'legendary'  local beach detectorists.  I have not met one.  His name is Walker.  I have met another one Tim Tidd and he told me about other local legends.  
      Over on the nugget forum we have several 'legends' contribute to the discussions there.  One is Reg Wilson among several others.  Here is a link to a project Reg is working on to preserve the memories.
      So, who are the LEGENDS of the Beach?  What are some stories you can share about them?  I know some are still hard at work at enhancing their legends but I don't go to other forums.  Are you a LEGEND and want to share a bit of your lifetime successes with us?  There are legends that hide and many who would never visit a website I would imagine but let's try to change that.
      Mitchel