The Gmx Isn't Made For Lake Hunting

The 6" concentric coil floats to the top to easy. It works ok when I'm sweeping but when I stop and lean the detector against me the coil floats to the top. Turning sensitivity down does help some in the water. Also Isat works with the sensitivity max.

Going to be use my Gold Kruzer now.

I liked the Gmx a lot on land but not lake hunting. Probably perfect for streams.

• Sad 1

Rick  

It’s too bad that the GMX didn’t work for you. Maybe you can find another that will do the job you want. With any detector the only one it has to please is you.

The Best  

Chuck 

I will try the 6x10 in the water but it probably floats to much too. I lean the detector on me when I'm retrieving a target. With the Gmx I have to get the coil in the hole so it doesn't float up.

White's needs a coil like this for the Gmx. A 6x10 open like this.

makro_kruzer_kr24_search_coil.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

The 6" concentric coil floats to the top to easy. It works ok when I'm sweeping but when I stop and lean the detector against me the coil floats to the top. Turning sensitivity down does help some in the water. Also Isat works with the sensitivity max.

Going to be use my Gold Kruzer now.

I liked the Gmx a lot on land but not lake hunting. Probably perfect for streams.

Is the Gmx better then Gold Kruzer on land?How hard do you have to push in water to get coil to bottom with Gmx.

The Gmx isn't hard to get the coil on the bottom and sweeping the coil as you detector. It swings so easy in the water you don't hardly feel it. It was when I would stop that coil wanted to float to the top. I was using the 6" concentric coil. And the sound when the coil would lift in the water. Turning sensitivity down made the sound quieter. With max sensitivity, isat turned up would remove the sound with a loss in depth. The Gmx is different when you run it in a lake.

I haven't nugget hunted before but the 24k/Gmx is more sensitive to tiny gold than the Gold Kruzer that I can see. The Gmx runs quiet. The Gold Kruzer is noisy in deep mode. It helps turning the volume down on the headphones.

The Gmx is so sensitive that it reacts to the water when the coil is lifted. Turning sensitivity down helps. Increasing isat helps.

• Like 1

That's what I was saying before. It wouldn't ground balance in the water. All the detectors I've had in the water will not ground balance. On the Gold Kruzer it is 1 bar so I don't know why they won't ground balance. At first I thought the Gmx was a negative ground balance but then I thought it was reacting to the water. Take your 24k into a lake and try it. And why would isat help that?

If the Gold Kruzer is like the other Kruzer's then Deep mode the unit needs to be almost touching the ground. Haven't taken my MK in the water yet as the puddles here are closed due to the virus. Just from what I have used on the MK, skimming the ground with the high gain modes (2 tone, 4 tone and deep) helps quiet it down. Also dropping gain down to the 85 or less helps as well as increase disc.

I wish the coils on the regular Kruzers worked on the Gold.

Do you ever use your GK for coin shooting and micro jewelry in parks etc? How does it hit small silver?

We have a lot of old iron here and I end up using 19khz mostly here. Tempted to pick one up.

1 hour ago, Rick N. MI said:

The Gmx isn't hard to get the coil on the bottom and sweeping the coil as you detector. It swings so easy in the water you don't hardly feel it. It was when I would stop that coil wanted to float to the top. I was using the 6" concentric coil. And the sound when the coil would lift in the water. Turning sensitivity down made the sound quieter. With max sensitivity, isat turned up would remove the sound with a loss in depth. The Gmx is different when you run it in a lake.

I haven't nugget hunted before but the 24k/Gmx is more sensitive to tiny gold than the Gold Kruzer that I can see. The Gmx runs quiet. The Gold Kruzer is noisy in deep mode. It helps turning the volume down on the headphones.

The Gmx is so sensitive that it reacts to the water when the coil is lifted. Turning sensitivity down helps. Increasing isat helps.

I am pretty sure my At gold control box  wants to float to surface, bringing the  5by  8 coil up off the bottom.I don't remember it being  to  loud when it did it.It   being   not   as sensitive as Gmx.