The Gmx Isn't Made For Lake Hunting

Kac, the Gold Kruzer is great for coins, relics and micro jewelry. I'm surprised it's not advertised for that too. It does get a hit on my 10" test dime which is not silver. I don't know how well it will do on silver. My XP Orx hit's  better but that's with a 9" hf coil and the Gold Kruzer was with the 9.5x5 dd coil. Yes it would be really nice if it had the MK coils. I would like the 8" or 9" round concentric coil.

It has 3 tones, Deep mode, Micro mode and all metal. Deep mode is the best on micro jewelry and is the deepest mode.

I was given a tip when in a mode that's noisy like Deep mode.  Turn the headphone volume down so you don't notice the noise so much and you can still here all the targets. I run deep mode sensitivity 92 and turn it down when needed.

Thanks,

I have been finding in some areas that the 19khz just does better when there is a lot of iron vs the lower frequencies. Wasn't sure where that tipping point is going up in frequency where it becomes counter productive.

I got the MK specifically because it had the 5khz and would do better on small silver compared to my Tejon and finding that the MK does really well on small silver with very little difference on depth between all 3 frequencies but #'s are better in 19khz with sp mode on.

• Like 1

Want to clarify I use SP mode to the 19kzh vdi scale rather than same numbers across all frequencies. At 19khz you have more latitude in the low conductor range ie, a nickel can be as much as 7-10 points less than a square tab. SP mode does not effect depth in any way. I just muddled my message.

Correct me if I'm wrong but White's coils are either hollow or foam filled.  That makes them light compared to something like an epoxy filled Garrett Coil. 

I remember you used to be able to buy a Surf PI Pro with a weighted coil before they changed it to a Dual Field.

• Like 1

On the Gmx and 24k the 6" concentric coil  is hollow or foam filled and is very light. And it does float. It would be good if White's made some coils that don't float for the Gmx.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 12:11 PM, Rick N. MI said:

The 6" concentric coil floats to the top to easy. It works ok when I'm sweeping but when I stop and lean the detector against me the coil floats to the top. Turning sensitivity down does help some in the water. Also Isat works with the sensitivity max.

Going to be use my Gold Kruzer now.

I liked the Gmx a lot on land but not lake hunting. Probably perfect for streams.

I had the same problem. I bought one a stabilizer, it helped a ton

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/search-coil-steady-bracket/

Detectors is like the items we find in ones persons trash is another persons treasure.

I’ve seen people before that think the detector they have is the greatest. I find myself being the same way. But yet the other guys detector I wouldn’t have it if you would give it to me.

We are a group of funny people in we wouldn’t be happy if they hung us with a new rope.

Chuck