Great Hunt At The Confederate Camp 6 1800s Coins

Bummer the FE's get so trashed. Have the same problem here.

Great finds!

• Like 1

crusty or not...finding flying eagles...excellent!  awesome finds

did you find them with equinox?  if so, what did the crusty coppers show you in the ground for IDs?  

thanks

• Like 1

Great finds and wish you have even better luck on your next hunt.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By dogodog
      Had another good day detecting a rather large hay field. I was using the new superfly coil on the MK, and most of my finds were all ammo related. I found 12 keepers which means no plastic. They range in age from 1920's to the 1940's. the best one, which I have never found before was a  Winchester Nublack made from 1905 to 1938. The others were REM UMC 1915 to 1942, Winchester repeater 1896 to 1938, Winchester Leader 1933, Sears unknown 1920's to 1940's, Western Xpert 1914 to 1932. If you ever want to find the head stamp dates (Cartridge-corner.com) is the place to go. I  hit up on some buckshot and a older rifled slug, AKA Pumpkin ball or as my dad would say Punkin ball. The rifled slug was developed by Wilhelm Brenneke in 1898, Karl Foster designed a similar slug in 1937 and patented in 1947. They are the ones you find in most brands today. Of course I found the wonderful 22. This round was developed in 1845 by Louis Nicolas Flobert and introduced in 1887. This was the first rimfire it was in 6mm. Union Metallic Cartridge Co. perfected the 22 in 1884, And "Voila" we have the best selling cartridge in the world. I saved the best for last because they have a great history. Finding three colonial musket balls in one field for me just does not happen. Two of them look fired the other was a drop. That ball is in beautiful shape, you  can clearly see the sprue and the casting marks around the middle. I believe they are for the old and well distributed Brown Bess. It was produced from 1722 to 1838. Over 4,000,000 were made. This gun was used in every major conflict from the American Revolution to the American civil war. So the next time your out and find some boring old ammo, You just might find some cool history in your hand. 

• By DOP
      Hi everybody, I wanted to thank you all for welcoming us to this forum last year. Thanks for the info, the advice and the support. It helped me create an amazing bond with my son. I am grateful to you all. Here’s a little video of some of our favorite moments of the crazy year. Best to you all!

• By abenson
      Got out 2 days before everything froze up around here. Actually surprised at the amount of stuff I found. Couple of good buttons found too, like a great coat cuff size, a few kepi buttons, Eagle D cuff and coat buttons.

• By Glenn in CO
      Backyard Treasure Hunt - UK
    • By brogansown
      I'm betting that most of you detectorists have found a large number tobacco tags, just as I have.  Up here the most prevalent tags are "stars", but from time to time others pop up as well.  As a Museum manager I get almost as excited with a tag as a nugget.  So, I started a collection of this chewing tobacco advertisement.  Most 19th century miners smoked either a pipe, a cigar or chewed.  I liked to hear from you guysabout your tag finds, if you care to.  I've attached some examples and an ad from the 1890's.  Oh, and a little poem from the era:
      When weary I are,
      I smokes my cigar.
      And as the smoke rises,
      Up into my eyes,
      I thinks of my true love
      And Oh, How I sighes!
    • By abenson
      Earlier last month I attended Diggin in Virginia. It's an invitational relic hunt that takes place around Culpeper, VA that about 200 people attend. The ground is very hot there, as many know, so the detectors of choice are usually PI machines like the TDI, ATX and GPX. Some VLF's work but get significantly less depth than the PI's. I have taken my Deus, Equinox and Tarsacci and found stuff with all of them. This time around I used the GPX most of the time but did pull out the Tarsacci on a rainy day for about 7 hours. I'll give a more detailed report about the Tarsacci in the Tarsacci section at a later date. I also meet up with forum member Hugh Campbell so maybe he'll add some details when he has time.
      Some of the highlights of the hunt you will see in the pics below were shell frags, an 1863 IHP, complete 3 piece Shaler bullet, star based .58 minie from the Washington arsenal, Schenkl combintion fuse and Eagle I cuff button.