Sign in to follow this  
calabash digger

Great Hunt At The Confederate Camp 6 1800s Coins

Nice finds, congrats. Thanks for sharing! 👍

• Like 1

Bummer the FE's get so trashed. Have the same problem here.

Great finds!

• Like 1

I have one I dug close to my house in sand and it is in great condition. Both of those were toast and I gave the other one to my buddy.

Woo hoo, you actually dug some minie's.  Missing out on some good times down south this year. I see.  Gotta get down and see ya, Calabash, I need my feelin's hurt.

• Like 1

Corona has had me at home...Up until a few weeks ago when I decided to dive. First land hunt in over a month. I am detecting close to where we went last year.

• Like 1

crusty or not...finding flying eagles...excellent!  awesome finds

did you find them with equinox?  if so, what did the crusty coppers show you in the ground for IDs?  

thanks

• Like 1

Great finds and wish you have even better luck on your next hunt.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By George Kinsey
      Back awhile ago I dumped one of my large non-ferrous finds containers. Most where found without the aid of a metered detector. I left the very small non-ferrous and square nails for who ever comes later. The ability to hear is paramount.

• By Bash
      Found this Crackerjack Mystery Club coin yesterday with the Vanquish.  These were distributed from 1933 to 1934.

• By Bash
      Definitely copper, and in pretty good shape.  About 5 inches down, showed strong 24 -26 in all sweep directions. Nox 800.  Pretty stoked!

• By kac
      Was over a lower section that is all fields and first find was the large cent, looks like a drape and of course rough shape being old copper. Musket ball was a pretty cool find and the skeleton key which are my favorites.
      I included my trash so you guys don't thing I'm some sort of elitist and only find good stuff hehe.

• By Bash
      Did a quick stint at the park this morning and found a Battle of Verdun coin/medallion dated 1916.  As you can see from the pics I nicked it with the digging tool. 🤮
      I'd like some advice on how to avoid this in the future.  I know part of it is just experience, but there must be some techniques or mechanics that will help to mitigate this.  I've included an image of a better conditioned coin too.  Found a bunch of clad coins along with this.  The Vanquish is a sweet little detector.  Won't replace my Nox 800, but it is really fun to use!  I think I will get the bigger coil for it...