Gold Seeker's Making The Plunge! Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Fortuna audaces iuvat! Good luck, Reese.

Good luck and post pictures and updates as we all wish you luck in this new adventure.

Thanks Link and everyone else. I'm up there right now. Breaking down camp and moving the rest of the way up the mountain to my target spot. This weekend will be spent going into the contact zones and looking for the clues to put me into the spot to start detecting. I got up here at dark last night and it snowed so I camped at the base of the gulch. Snow is now melted off down at this level. Up higher , I am sure there will still be some til later this morning. Froze my ass off last night. Didn't expect that one. Lol.

IMG_20200516_072529193_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200516_063051550.jpg

IMG_20200516_063017667.jpg

IMG_20200516_063013000.jpg

• Like 4

Real nice Reese. Looking forward to your posts and new books. I’ve learned  some new clues to watch for while prospecting from your first book, The Nugget Shooters Field Guide. Useful pointers concerning past hydrolic pits and ground sluicing operations.

Have a great hunt,

Mike

The weekend was a nice one. Weather was good. Saturday after I got second camp spot set up, I went detecting, no gold. Sunday I got camp broke down before I went detecting and after it was broke down and I was waiting for my 5000 battery to finish charging, some guy came walking out of the woods asking questions and saying he was trying to find claim boundaries. I said the guy who had this claim lost it and there are no signs up anywhere. He said someone keeps taking them down. I said, I haven't seen signs up for a year or more. This guy turned out to be from Gold Rush Expiditions. And he aquired this claim for a guy out of Louisiana. I was disappointed as this was going to be the spot I was going to work and camp for the four months. They allowed me to finish out the day detecting and then I had to stay off it down the road. So I need to postpone the four month quest untin I scout out a new location that will yield gold, by detecting. I did find two small nuggets, and aquired 6 ticks crawling on me. Lol. They are bad up there this spring. No sign of that Grizzly. Trip alarm for bear protection worked great. I accidentally set it off twice, coming back into camp. Sunday was fist time I got to use the 9x14 nugget finder advantage coil. It was very nice at first. Very stable and quiet. Then I heard strange worbling noise like interference so I did a noise cancel again and then it started falsing every time the coil touched anything.  Anyone ever had this issue with the 9x14 advantage coil?

IMG_20200517_130806115_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-175524.png

Screenshot_20200517-175434.png

IMG_20200516_145229009_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200516_145225225_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200516_122820610_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

I would check that dudes Loc notice at the county, sounds kinda shady. Nothing worse than claim flippers getting in the way of real miners. I had a bad experience with his type before and the word charlatan comes to mind.

Maybe he is legit on this claim, but be very wary with anything they claim or say. Check his paperwork and confirm everything. LR2000, county recorder, you know the ropes...

Thats a bummer I feel your pain!

It is funny you said that about charlatan. That is exactly what came to mind after he left. It pisses me off, out of stater's keep coming up here claiming up all the really good ground or buying it up.

I'll check it out on my land matters. For some reason I have a hard time getting into lr2000. Must be put together by gov web designer. Hahaha.