Garrett Apex Revealed - It’s Multifrequency!

And BeachHunter, 

The Yellow can be fixed with a Sharpie , or a cover!🤣😂

And after all, you do have a Yellow VW Bus as your icon!!👍👍

Now that they have simultaneous multi frequency tech, I wonder how long until they make an actual top of the line detector to replace the GTI.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 9:15 AM, johnedoe said:

Can't wait to read your review Steve.............

I'm still good with the equipment I have (for now) but it's always fun to read about the new toys.

Well, don't hold your breath. They are saying late July and I may cool down by then. :smile: It looks like a great unit, but can't honestly say it adds any capability I don't already have. Garrett has a winner though, beat Nokta/Makro to the punch, and making First Texas and White’s look seriously deficient now.

garrett-ace-apex-multifrequency-metal-detector-multiflex.jpg

• Like 2

We can congratulate Garett on the new detector ,,, .. I think from hearing what the detectors say ...., the good news as well as the critical evaluations of the previous detector models .....

So what will Apex bring ....? Multifrequency, separate frequencies, large and backlit display, and a coil of very correct size 6x11 "- Apex=2.5lb  total low weight .....and good separation ...

At a price of $ 500 .. the price for such a detector is good ...

If someone says ..... something is still missing on this detector. such as waterproofing ... can wait for Apex Pro ....

• Like 1

Hey all,

Did anyone see or hear if the software is updatable by computer thru the charging port?? I may have missed it!

Thanks👍👍

Apex has ground balance....

garrett-ace-apex-metal-detector-specifications.jpg
Garrett Ace Apex metal detector specifications

• Like 1

I have a feeling we will see a tempory price cut on the Nox 600 to compete with this apex OR the vanquish software will be updated to include selectable single frequencies. Whites and first texas, nokta need to make a BIG move now.... This is going to be an exciting summer!

No reason to cut price on the Equinox which is waterproof and has more features. And Vanquish sells for less than this unit. Minelab need do nothing in response to this. It’s the other guys that better get with the business soon or get left totally behind.

• Like 4

I admit, this is far more than I expected and I like what I see. 

This is basically the lovechild of a Vanquish and an Equinox and therefore, fits an ideal middle ground that no detector currently covers (see what I did there? *snorts*)

The Ace Apex now makes me wonder if the AT line will be upgraded too, i.e. the "AT Apex" line. This is where you can have a fully waterproof control box, more adjustability with settings, goes deeper, etc. But this is such a nice machine, I don't know how much better it can be. 

I admit, the only way I get a Vanquish now is if I get the 340 for $200. And if I get the Equinox, I'd probably get the 800. I will no longer consider the 440, 540 or 600.

• Like 1