Garrett Apex Revealed - It’s Multifrequency!

And now I'm curious ,, ... to some answers about the New Garrett Apex ... from the field testers of this detector ..

What advantages will this detector offer over the competition ...?

ace-apex-garrett-metal-detector-multifrequency.jpg

• Like 3

It looks nice. I own an AT Gold. This one pretty much obsoletes it. If I had a wish list I would like different, the discrimination segments not  my favorite. Much prefer single segements rather than groups of five. Also no reactivity adjustment probably my biggest beef. But no doubt this is a vast improvement over the other Ace machines. 

I like it too and also hope the depth is there. I'm waiting for the waterproof one but do look forward to reports on this one. Also hope the waterproof one will be light.

10 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

Cant wait for XP response!!!

XPress maybe :xp:

They've had over two years to respond to Equinox and nothing so not sure this is going to spur them on either...not holding my breath.  Orx was nice but not innovative - just a watered down Deus to make it more affordable.  Otherwise, not sure what XP is doing, if anything other than new accessories and coils for the Deus platform.  Still just a single freaker when it comes down to it, a damn good one, but we are now 8 to 10 years on with the Deus platform and component iterations.  XP is desperately in need of a head turner release.  Well past time for them to step up.

• Like 1

i think like the deus did the box took the world by surprise lets see what the Apex bring

RR

I like it.

Pleasant to view, seems lightweight and not too expensive for a mono / multifrequency operational mode.

Probably it needs a little more Khz but is not for nuggets though...

Nothing relevant for me in my environment, but you know what?

I'm still waiting from Minelab a 50m rated waterproof and reliable machine with a 99 points target ID scale...And an efficient relevation of it...

Still too much targets are falling under same numbers to trust the screen before to dig or not...

Almost acceptable on my Ctx but not on the Nox or Vanquish...(Just my 2 cents).....

scale.jpg

22 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Probably it needs a little more Khz but is not for nuggets though

Garrett AT Gold is 18 kHz and the Fisher Gold Bug Pro is 19 kHz. 20 kHz is just fine for gold nuggets. Where it may come up short is the lack of a threshold based all metal mode. More likely Apex will employ a Multi or 20 kHz “zero discrimination” mode for nugget detecting.

garrett-ace-apex-multifrequency-multiflex-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 4

looks like a solid machine for the money.Garrett did 3 things that were important.The ace  series was a huge success.  The pinpointer style of the    pro pointer that everyone does now  ,     plus the At  series of screened waterproof machines which people like and other company's now do.This new machine by Garrett is because of something minelab did great with  nox.They will sell a lot because they  know how to market a machine.

ace-apex-garrett-metal-detector-display.jpg