Garrett Apex Revealed - It’s Multifrequency!

15 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

patience is a virtue here, when their AT SMF comes out, not only should they have the bugs worked out by then (the ATP has issues when it first came out, shaft, faulty seals, etc) but it'll simply be a better detector, likely waterproof, more features, possibly more frequencies

By then you may also be seeing true second generation Multi-IQ product, something even Tom will have to pay attention to. Minelab generally never really comes into their own with a product until the second generation. First generation tends to be proof of concept. Even Tom is swinging an Explorer 2 instead of the original. :smile:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

By then you may also be seeing true second generation Multi-IQ product, something even Tom will have to pay attention to. Minelab generally never really comes into their own with a product until the second generation. First generation tends to be proof of concept. Even Tom is swinging an Explorer 2 instead of the original. :smile:

Hi Steve. Did you sell a lot   of explorers in Alaska?  I got mine before they ran out of them because of demand in   early 2000.

27 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi Steve. Did you sell a lot   of explorers in Alaska?  I got mine before they ran out of them because of demand in   early 2000.

Useless for gold prospecting, so no. As in like maybe one out of hundreds of detectors sold each year.

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That thought crossed my mind too.  Now that the EQ600/800 is going on what, three years old, and the Vanquish is last years history, Minelab is no doubt prototyping the EQX2.  Rumors through the grapevine have alluded to the EQX2 already under development for a few years. 

After experiencing what the EQ800 is capable of, things are about to get interesting 🙂

Cal_Cobra

Share another picture of that ring.  That one was a real beauty!

HH
Mike

9 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

Cal_Cobra

Share another picture of that ring.  That one was a real beauty!

HH
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm not really a park hunter, so it's a rarity for me to find gold rings, but I found this at Golden Gate Park on my first outing with an old friend that had found a little area that had been scraped for new landscaping, and I was sure it was going to be a nickle when it banged in with a solid 14 TID 🙂

IMG_7929.thumb.JPG.af9aa0b63f3d79c1a0a905bbf4e9a7d5.JPG

• Like 5

There she is!

Thanks Brian.   That is a good looking ring.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

I should make a log of everything I've found with my EQ800 since I got it, definitely been dozens of seateds, a lovely 18K jewel encrusted gold ring (first hunt actually), a rare $1 US gold coin, a few rare silver coins...

Are you trying to upset me?  Because you're upsetting me.  😀

If I could find even ONE of those things I would consider myself Lord and Ruler of all the Earth for at least a couple days.

I really need to up the quality of the sites I hunt.  To the maps!  Find old sites!  Pull into driveways and ask for permission!  Nothing ventured nothing gained!

• Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, CmonNow said:

Are you trying to upset me?  Because you're upsetting me.  😀

If I could find even ONE of those things I would consider myself Lord and Ruler of all the Earth for at least a couple days.

I really need to up the quality of the sites I hunt.  To the maps!  Find old sites!  Pull into driveways and ask for permission!  Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Believe me it's more location, location, location than machine.  We spend a lot of time researching old sites, and I'd say that 9 out of 10 turn out to be duds.  Many were short lived, and although the first couple of hunts may be pretty productive, they tend to peter out pretty quickly.  My Spanish Trail site has lasted quite a while, but a good portion of it is getting "hunted out".  Although ironically, my hunt partner Tom has little to no interest in detecting there any longer, after hammering it for ten years (a few times per year) my last trip there was one of my best,  with a gold coin, three seateds (two semi-rare) and a IHP.  Oddly very few relics on that trip, but other than the seated dime cache I dug there, it was the most coins I've dug in one trip.  I chalk it up to the Equinox doing something different, the last hunt with the new FE2/0 upgrade seemed to aid in digging a few more coins. 

I look forward to seeing what Garrets SMF technology brings to the table!