Garrett Apex Revealed - It’s Multifrequency!

10 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Doubtful, he's rather stuck to his Explorer2, although over the past year he's been given a number of beat downs relic hunting, and is starting to say things like "the nox is better in iron".  Yet he's still looking at the machine in its totality, and he loves deep turf silver cherry picking and I would give a nod to the Exp2 over the EQ on that one, especially given he has what, 15+ years of experience on his Exp2. 

I personally do not care much for park hunting that much these days, as why kill yourself all day for a couple of mercs, when you can go hit stage stops, ghost towns and other late 1700's - 1800's sites for busts, seateds and perhaps a few pesky barbers 🙂 Seriously though, once you get addicted to digging western frontier history, parks just kind of loose their appeal. 

I'm impressed that Garrett pulled this off, but I'm also very content with the success my EQ800 has brought, so I'm in no hurry to try anything new, this machine has done more then I imagined it would finding coins at extreme depths, noodling around in iron and opening up old hard hit sites.  I should make a log of everything I've found with my EQ800 since I got it, definitely been dozens of seateds, a lovely 18K jewel encrusted gold ring (first hunt actually), a rare $1 US gold coin, a few rare silver coins, tons of relics, it's really exceeded my expectations and I barely even dabble with the advanced settings (other than the new iron settings, which BTW work great).

So I'll wait and see what Garrett has up their sleeve with their AT SMF Apex and also waiting to see Nokta's entry into the SMF arena.  You have to love this hobby 🙂

Even in turf hunting the nox has pulled many coins out for me. The one        place the explorer might have an  advantage  is where the pulltabs are thick.Pulled out 25 coins out where my expert friend and his explorer only pulled out 2  before this.Many nails here. Me and same  friend   pulled over 30 deep coins on   different place on a side hill where things were getting tough with the explorer .This time he had a nox too.He is stubborn with his explorer,but not like Tom.He saw my success with it.

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it. Well, I'd buy one of these sight unseen versus a Vanquish based on the feature set alone but that's just me. There is hardly an inch of difference between all the decent VLFs on the market the

Congratulations Garrett, you vastly exceeded my expectations, and that is the secret to sales. I’ll be getting one. Multi Frequency and Selectable Frequency Explained Garrett Ace Apex multi

Instant take on the Garrett Apex: Pros Multi Freq (2 MF modes - Land and Salt) 4 Multiple Single Freq 5 - 20 khz (perhaps a viable gold machine) Light weight (

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

patience is a virtue here, when their AT SMF comes out, not only should they have the bugs worked out by then (the ATP has issues when it first came out, shaft, faulty seals, etc) but it'll simply be a better detector, likely waterproof, more features, possibly more frequencies

By then you may also be seeing true second generation Multi-IQ product, something even Tom will have to pay attention to. Minelab generally never really comes into their own with a product until the second generation. First generation tends to be proof of concept. Even Tom is swinging an Explorer 2 instead of the original. :smile:

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

By then you may also be seeing true second generation Multi-IQ product, something even Tom will have to pay attention to. Minelab generally never really comes into their own with a product until the second generation. First generation tends to be proof of concept. Even Tom is swinging an Explorer 2 instead of the original. :smile:

Hi Steve. Did you sell a lot   of explorers in Alaska?  I got mine before they ran out of them because of demand in   early 2000.

27 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi Steve. Did you sell a lot   of explorers in Alaska?  I got mine before they ran out of them because of demand in   early 2000.

Useless for gold prospecting, so no. As in like maybe one out of hundreds of detectors sold each year.

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That thought crossed my mind too.  Now that the EQ600/800 is going on what, three years old, and the Vanquish is last years history, Minelab is no doubt prototyping the EQX2.  Rumors through the grapevine have alluded to the EQX2 already under development for a few years. 

After experiencing what the EQ800 is capable of, things are about to get interesting 🙂

Cal_Cobra

Share another picture of that ring.  That one was a real beauty!

HH
Mike

9 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

Cal_Cobra

Share another picture of that ring.  That one was a real beauty!

HH
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm not really a park hunter, so it's a rarity for me to find gold rings, but I found this at Golden Gate Park on my first outing with an old friend that had found a little area that had been scraped for new landscaping, and I was sure it was going to be a nickle when it banged in with a solid 14 TID 🙂

IMG_7929.thumb.JPG.af9aa0b63f3d79c1a0a905bbf4e9a7d5.JPG

• Like 6

There she is!

Thanks Brian.   That is a good looking ring.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

So I guess we need to know what the TID is going to be for that amazing ring on the Apex (just to keep the thread on topic...:rolleyes:).  Cal - that means you have to get your hands on an Apex one way or the other to answer this question.  :laugh:

• Like 1
On 5/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

I should make a log of everything I've found with my EQ800 since I got it, definitely been dozens of seateds, a lovely 18K jewel encrusted gold ring (first hunt actually), a rare $1 US gold coin, a few rare silver coins...

Are you trying to upset me?  Because you're upsetting me.  😀

If I could find even ONE of those things I would consider myself Lord and Ruler of all the Earth for at least a couple days.

I really need to up the quality of the sites I hunt.  To the maps!  Find old sites!  Pull into driveways and ask for permission!  Nothing ventured nothing gained!

• Like 2