Garrett Engineer Brent Weaver Discusses Ace Apex Technology

This dude has really been pumping the iron. On the bright side of things for Garrett, if Minelab starts any trouble over this new Apex they can send out this guy to beat some sense into them. "Our engineer will be in touch with you to discuss this". They should also use this guy to attract more women to the detecting world.

Early yet to tell but it sure seems like Garrett hit a home run. This is a very good thing to see. White's has went beyond being asleep now. It's more like they are in a coma. I wish Garrett the best with this, and seriously it may be the thing that pushes me to try another Garrett after many years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

What is everyone's take on having US and International coinage on one machine??? Other than the obvious savings on two detectors!!

Is this simply a function of software?; so any manufacturer can do this; to compete with the Apex?? Or is there a hardware component???

It’s just a software deal, changes the preset notching and removes the U.S. coin icons, that’s all. It’s actually moot for people who simply learn what target id number identifies what target.

garrett-ace-apex-multifrequency-metal-detector-lcd-display-controls.jpg
U.S. coins

anything else...

9AC86524-4BE8-47E2-9AA6-1F67DBD8E3B5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RobNC said:
16 minutes ago, RobNC said:

This dude has really been pumping the iron. On the bright side of things for Garrett, if Minelab starts any trouble over this new Apex they can send out this guy to beat some sense into them. "Our engineer will be in touch with you to discuss this". They should also use this guy to attract more women to the detecting world.

Wow Rob, you would be great for my ego; if i had one!😂🤣

But no, I am just hard on my equipment i guess! But i do take care to clean and maintain after almost every hunt! Especially after the beach!

And if i was ever good at attracting women, those days are long gone! At least that's what my wife tells me, anyway!!😂😂👍👍

18 minutes ago, RobNC said:

This dude has really been pumping the iron. On the bright side of things for Garrett, if Minelab starts any trouble over this new Apex they can send out this guy to beat some sense into them. "Our engineer will be in touch with you to discuss this".

Apparently it's already happened.  Don't miss the scene starting about 1:15 when he goes to ML headquarters to discuss patents:

• Haha 1

I didn't even make any good finds to warrant this kind of attention!!! 

Soooo, THIS is what it feels like to be Simon!! (Phrunt)🤣😂

Ok, fun is fun! Don't make Steve "come back there"!! His edit finger is getting itchy!! Back on subject!👍👍

(Yes i know!! You guys were talking about Brent Weaver💪💪! Not me!)😂😂

• Haha 1

Think part of the US and international coin modes may effect the audio breaks too. Having the audio lock in on a solid tone for known target can be good and bad. It definitely makes it easier to identify good targets by making that sound stand out but could be misleading if there are mixed targets shifting the values.

For those that Jeff snagged stuff following guys that used AT Pro's means they happened to be inefficient on using their AT's. They could be running with Iron Audio on full time, could have not used their discrim properly or simply a swing and a miss or just ignored a tone. I can't really blame the machine as I have found quite a bit of really nice finds with my AT in areas that were picked apart by other detectorist. I can say the same with my Tejon and likewise a buddy has picked up stuff I missed with my machines with his Nox 800.  I will own up to missing a target due to my fault more so than any particular machine I use. They all beep when you swing over a target, it's really up to the user to interpret that info. Granted some machines just make it a bit easier.

I think Garrett is finally doing a long over due upgrade to their line and glad they took their time to let the dust settle and address the competition without a tit for tat year after year flooding the market with too many models. Smart and expect them to be in the game for a long time.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

He secretly hunts with a CTX 3030 and a 17" coil.

Yes that would explain it.

3 hours ago, kac said:

For those that Jeff snagged stuff following guys that used AT Pro's means they happened to be inefficient on using their AT's. They could be running with Iron Audio on full time, could have not used their discrim properly or simply a swing and a miss or just ignored a tone. I can't really blame the machine as I have found quite a bit of really nice finds with my AT in areas that were picked apart by other detectorist. I can say the same with my Tejon and likewise a buddy has picked up stuff I missed with my machines with his Nox 800.  I will own up to missing a target due to my fault more so than any particular machine I use. They all beep when you swing over a target, it's really up to the user to interpret that info. Granted some machines just make it a bit easier.

Kac, 

the area we were hunting in had rapid fire machine gun surface to 6" aluminum targets everywhere. Multiple targets were under the coil constantly and at various depths. This area had not been "picked apart". Just the opposite. There are very few detectors or detectorists that are able and willing to hunt in that kind of situation. The AT Pros simply could not unmask good targets in that mess. We checked several iffy signals that I knew were coins (which turned out to be correct) from the way they registered on the Equinox. The AT Pros just got smeared hits from the surrounding aluminum targets.........

I really hope the more modern features on the Apex will help it do a better job of unmasking, separating and accurately detecting good targets in that kind of situation.

Jeff

• Like 5

AT Pro does have a slower recovery so using the sniper coils or smaller coils in those conditions would probably make  the difference. I never really had a problem with aluminum smearing the hits on the AT Pro however Iron kills it especially old iron that has been in the ground and has a substantial halo.

That smaller coil on the Apex looks like it will do really well in trashy areas.

ace-apex-garrett-metal-detector-multifrequency-logo.jpg

• Like 4