Garrett Apex - Patent Pending

“MultiFlex” was the technology name used in some of the early Vanquish “info” on the tabloid MD sites.    I wonder if there was leaked info about this that got mixed up with the Vanquish???  Or maybe it’s some kind of VFlex tech collaboration or licensing????

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, JohnnyRox said:

Hmm...says patents pending at the bottom of the spec chart.

They either violated Minelab’s patent, in which case the lawsuit hits soon, or they came up with a different version of their own... and would be smart to patent it.

Garrett Ace Apex Data & Reviews

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

They either violated Minelab’s patent, in which case the lawsuit hits soon, or they came up with a different version of their own... and would be smart to patent it.

Maybe new multi freak tech.  The more the better.

garrett-multiflex-multifrequency-technology.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

or they came up with a different version of their own

I have to assume Garrett choose this option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You've hit the nail on the head Steve. When I saw the moniker given to it and the frequencies chosen I said to myself, hmm this sounds very familiar. It could be a smart move either way. In a lawsuit Minelab would have to detail exactly what Multi-IQ consists of to demonstrate it is a violation. If Geotech is correct, that's one of the last things they want to do. It boxes them into a corner with some undesirable options. On one hand they could preclude a competing platform (or receive a cut of it). On another, they might have to reveal that Multi-IQ is notably different in substance than described to the public and as it appears on paper. Who knows though, maybe Garrett and Minelab have a lease agreement like Whites and Minelab had for DFX. Unlikely I'd say. In any event we could very possibly see a lawsuit crop up over this. Something to watch for. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

It boxes them into a corner with some undesirable options. On one hand they could preclude a competing platform (or receive a cut of it). On another, they might have to reveal that Multi-IQ is notably different in substance than described to the public and as it appears on paper.

Interesting theories.

It's my guess that Garrett is filled with some pretty smart engineers and they already know exactly how Mineab's Multi-IQ works.

3 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Interesting theories.

It's my guess that Garrett is filled with some pretty smart engineers and they already know exactly how Mineab's Multi-IQ works.

Hats off to Garrett if they do. It came out of nowhere, but it would make me very happy. I've been itching for some, any American company to compete at this level. The only things that make me do a double take is 1. That it came so far out of left field with no prior indication that Garrett could do Multifrequency (it wouldn't be as surprising coming from First Texas say). 2. How blatantly similar it sounds to multi-IQ, right down to the specific frequencies. I am hoping it's all coincidence. I'm rooting for them for sure. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

multi-IQ, right down to the specific frequencies

Multi IQ and the individual selectable frequency options on Equinox (and probably Apex for that matter - but need to analyze the Apex to be sure) have nothing to do with each other despite Minelab's confusing/dumbed down marketing mumbo jumbo on Multi IQ conflating the two.  That has been proven through spectrum analysis.  It is interesting though that they are indeed using most of the same individual frequency selections for Apex as for Equinox 600/800.

• Like 1