Hello to all i have my eyes on a SD2200D are the eve coils compatible with the SD ,or it needs to be modified in Ballarat,i dont think anyone will modify them in the UK 🙂

Also the last one i saw going on th eBay of thieves went for 295 british pounds how much will you pay max???

Thanks for your input

RR

If you mean Evo coils, all Minelab SD, GP, and GPX coils are compatible with SD, GP, and GPX models with only the rarest of exceptions which you can safely ignore. The SD 2200 is considered obsolete by Minelab and they will not service the detector, even at a cost. Original batteries are so old they would probably need to be replaced (SD and GP use same battery, GPX battery is different and not compatible).

I would pay almost nothing for an SD model, and doubt I would even consider anything older than a GP 3500 myself. I really did not like the old SD/GP lead acid battery system however and so in reality I would not get anything used other than a GPX model, i.e. GPX 4000/4500/4800/5000 just to get the updated and much better Lithium Ion battery system with built in audio booster.

• Like 1

Ok Steve noted i cancelled my bid..............

Thanks again

RR

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2020 at 6:27 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I would pay almost nothing for an SD mode

I had to create an account to thank you as well! You just saved me from buying one at a local auction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Subzero907 said:

I had to create an account to thank you as well! You just saved me from buying one at a local auction.

Steve rules!!!!!!!!!

RR

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Subzero907 said:

Well, they were a great old machine, but old is the key word here. Here is the Minelab discontinued detector listing. Minelab will service detectors for at least 5 years after they are discontinued. The SD 2200v2, the last version of the 2200, was discontinued in 2009 with service running out in 2014.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Yeah I just went out for Rays training he was talking about how new tech is the best and gives you a bit of an edge. I slumped my head and was telling him  I have a TDI and gold bug 2 in 2022. He went right along saying those ar great machines as long as you learn  it. The TDI could rivel a guy with a 5000.  Good to know he still feels this way and its true. Its not what you buy but how you know it and how much you use it. Hell you can throw 10k at a machine never get out but a few days a month and and be trash with it or have some old TDI get out every day and know it and have several ounces like I do. Thanks Ray