Okay Garrett I Know It’s Got To Be A Video

Garrett didn’t wake up one morning saying we got a new detector and we’ll call it Apex . It had to be a lot of field testing and with lots of testing comes videos.

Garrett must have a lid on anything leaking out before the Apex goes on sale.

Chuck 

PS Video made by someone other than Garrett what I’d like to see.

• Like 1

I hope that some people who will actually evaluate it critically get one too, not just the Garrett only people.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

That probably won't happen until after release as cynical as that sounds.

Nothing cynical about it. Testers will have signed NDAs and there will be nothing forthcoming until after the release, certainly nothing you might want to describe as "unbiased." But maybe between now and July we will see more Garrett sanctioned videos.

I don't need any videos. The Apex is a metal detector. It will beep and find stuff. It will do so as well as many detectors on the market, and not dramatically better than detectors that already exist on the market. This stuff has been splitting hairs for years now guys, and it's not like the Apex will be a total fail or on the other hand somehow change your detecting universe unless you own a complete piece of junk.

FYI Chuck when testing prototypes I think I only ever shot video twice to show something I was seeing. In fact it is often prohibited to be taking photos or video. Too easy for things like that to leak. Plus shooting video is a waste of time. I test stuff and write up reports. So assuming there are piles of tester video out there would not be reflected in my experience. Any video of unfinished product would never be released, it is only the final product that matters, and Garrett may at this point in time still be doing final testing and tweaking of the software.

So buck up and wait, no point in holding your breath. Look for true user based videos after release in late July, not before.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My new toy will be here this coming Tuesday and so bird in hand is better than two in bush . I’m also getting a MI 6 Pinpointer to go with a toy I already have.

I still wish the best to Garrett on this new detector the Apex.

At my age it’s not if I’d use the Apex but just the joy of owning one. 

Chuck 

• Like 1

Chase  

As you well know the Garrett company is in Texas and you can find me down the road in San Antonio. Now with that being said Mr. Garrett and myself have been in Texas for a long time.  He and I both was detecting long before I’m sure than you have.

All I’m trying to get over to you is when you say my name please remember you standing in the shadow of a big big man . It may be pot gut but a big one.haha

Sorry that’s all for now I’ve got to get back testing this Apex.

Chuck 

PS I wish

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

??? This has something to do with Apex ???

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Don’t be feeding the trolls Chase! :laugh:

The line after next did, so Chuck is forgiven. Be nice to us old folks! :smile:

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase  

As you well know the Garrett company is in Texas and you can find me down the road in San Antonio. Now with that being said Mr. Garrett and myself have been in Texas for a long time.  He and I both was detecting long before I’m sure than you have.

All I’m trying to get over to you is when you say my name please remember you standing in the shadow of a big big man . It may be pot gut but a big one.haha

Sorry that’s all for now I’ve got to get back testing this Apex.

Chuck 

PS I wish

I think you mistook my question, which was a legit question.  And it looks like you sort of answered it, Chuck, but still you like to use riddles.  I was asking if you were getting an Apex (test unit ) and it looks like that is the case.  Congrats.  Oh and congrats on detecting longer than me.  Not much of an accomplishment though.  I was a late bloomer.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1