Nokta/Makro AU Gold Finder $499

The Nokta/Makro AU Gold Finder is on sale currently at at least one dealer for $499.00 with two coils. The 56 kHz AU Gold Finder is a retro knobs style detector somewhat reminiscent of the Gold Bug 2 but with more advanced discrimination features. In what has become a rarity it can be hip or chest mounted, making it feather weight on the arm, and suitable for deep wading in water, especially with the water resistant control box. I'm not sure if this is a clearance price or what, but for $499 with two coils this is a good deal for anyone interested in a full warranty VLF nugget machine at a great price, especially if you like old style knobs. There is nothing over 40 kHz priced even close to this.

I had one of these around for some time. It is a very capable machine, but when I did a house cleaning of my detectors a couple years ago I gave it to my brother, who still has it.  As an FYI all Gold Racer coils are compatible with the AU Gold Finder, so there is quite a coil selection if your count aftermarket. Just be aware that Gold Racer cables are shorter and so not as suitable for the hip mount feature.

AU Gold Finder More Information

AU Gold Finder Straight Shaft Modification

nokta-makro-au-gold-finder.jpg
nokta-au-gold-finder-led-red-green.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quite a deal, Steve. Detectors are really getting cheap! I'd be all over that if I didn't have a GM24K. 🙂

Jim

• Like 1

The 7x4" Gold racer coil on the AU gold is deadly. The little 5" isn't too shabby either, and gets a touch more depth in my testing. Got this little tiddler in a pounded patch first time out with the AU gold. 

tiny gold found.jpg

• Like 6

Now if you are interested in bottom dollar pricing for a gold detector, this is certainly a capable VLF unit.  What I like is the fine tune capabilities I get to control.  That is one of my hits on the so popular Gold Monster 1000, as some of us old school guys like a little tuning option.

• Like 1

I had one of these for a while and I agree they will find gold. My only gripe was that although light, the balance seemed bulky and awkward. A small gripe and obviously easily remedied by chest or belt mounting the control box. 

Prices went up to 680 today.  My buddy ordered one yesterday for 499 and today's price is 680 at metaldetectors.com or kellyco.