Compass Allan Cannon

Ever wonder where he is off to after leaving Tesoro a few years ago. Looks like he's been busy prospecting.

He's on Facebook

allcan1.png

alcan2.png

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Good to see Alan still out there searching for gold,  definitely a trooper loves the hobby!

I have a nice collection of Alan’s detecting gear, many vintage Compass models, several Garrett models and a few Whites models. Several are rare models, a few extremely rare. All still work well. Keeping them going is part of my yearly routine, and occasionally use them.

Keep up the good hunt Alan!

Paul

15 hours ago, Paul (CA) said:

I have a nice collection of Alan’s detecting gear, many vintage Compass models, several Garrett models and a few Whites models. Several are rare models, a few extremely rare. All still work well. Keeping them going is part of my yearly routine, and occasionally use them.

Sounds like a fun and (historically) worthwhile endeavor.  Next time you have them out, could you take a snapshot or two of the collection?  Those of us who enjoy antiques and collections would like to see them.

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Sounds like a fun and (historically) worthwhile endeavor.  Next time you have them out, could you take a snapshot or two of the collection?  Those of us who enjoy antiques and collections would like to see them.

Top left of my webpage Paul's collection https://www.treasurelinx.com/compass.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I’ll do that in the near future GB,

Post several of my favorite vintage detectors,  boy I’ve got a bunch of favorites 😊

Thanks for the encouragement!

Paul

4 hours ago, Sven1 said:

Top left of my webpage Paul's collection https://www.treasurelinx.com/compass.html

I remember taking that Compass picture Sven,  unfortunately my Compass line grew since then 😊  

And that was only Compass models, my favorite. Fortunately, I’ve stopped collecting vintage models.  

Thanks for including a part of my collection in your website .

Paul