Hello All From Michigan

Rick

Im Rick from Michigan,  I'm getting back into detectors after about a 10 year pause.... I had a Minelab Safari that I sold , I just recently purchased a preowned E-trac with some extras . Im waiting on it to hit the door. So needless to say I have to get back into the swing of things.... I still need a pointer deciding on which and some smalls That I will need......I will be reading and asking a lot of questions....Rick

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Rick said:

I will be reading and asking a lot of questions.

Then you've come to the right place.  Welcome, Rick!

• Like 4

Welcome Rick,

Like you, i too took a long break from detecting, and came back in 2015! Still plenty of stuff to find!

I mainly use a Treasure products Vibraprobe 585 pinpointer! 

I also have a Garrett carrot as a backup! 

But there is a greater selection now! Shop around! Same with digging tools and scoops! Shop the reputable dealers! I'm sure others here will chime in with suggestions! Just ask away!

Good luck! And keep us posted!👍👍

• Like 4

Welcome aboard and you have found the right place to be at.

The people here can answer all your questions as many people have found.

I use a Garrett pin pointer also and it serves me well.

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum Rick. Ask any questions you need to as that’s what we’re all here for. Well maybe the smart ones anyway. Good luck!

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum, Rick.  This is the best place on the net for detecting!  As a pretty new detectorist, I've already learned tons from the nice folks here.  Be sure and post pictures of your finds!

~Bash

• Like 3

Thanks for all the greetings    Well I just got notified my Detector will be here on wed.   I just purchased a Whites TRX after reading  a lot and watching videos seemed to be the one to get  it came wit a probe too...... other than that Looking at digging equipment  I use the Gerber folding serrated shovel previously may order that again.... Not sure yet??

• Like 3

Welcome back to the fun Rick. Its just like riding a bike, you  never forget. Glad you joined in with us, you won't be disappointed. 

• Like 4

Good luck with the new detector Rick. Shows what you find. Cars, trucks, pull tabs anything.

• Like 3