Hello All From Michigan

Rick

1 minute ago, BeachHunter said:

Good luck with the new detector Rick. Shows what you find. Cars, trucks, pull tabs anything.

Absolutely     Umm even a old turkey tin pan like I found last time??   12 inches down registering silver I thought I  hit a big one

• Like 2

I dig at least 3 or 4 flattened beer and soda cans at 12 inches every time I go out. Don't get discouraged, its part of the excitement!!!. If you want a really great hand digger PM our member Kac, He makes one of the best I have ever come across. It's tempered steel and almost as light as plastic. Please show us the good and the bad, its all part of the game. Good luck on your future hunts!!!!

• Like 2

Old silver dollars can ring up like a deep can so keep that in mind. If you swing your coil at a nice slow even speed you should be able to determine the target size by how long the sound is. Takes a bit of practice. Other trick is to lift the coil off the ground. Cans will sound off good even with the coil a foot off the ground. Large silver the signal will drop off quick.

Learning the area like local parks you will discover a trash line. This is where they had piled nice loam and sod over the base ground. Some parks it maybe 6" down others might be a foot. As you dig you can start to see a pattern unless you run out of 12" deep cans in the process 🙂

• Like 2

My only silver dollar sounded just like a flattened pop can.  Glad I didn't pass it by.

• Like 1

OMG Detector still didn't show it was due last thursday  it was shipped 200 miles away good ole USPS again

Welcome to the forum,Rick seems to be a rather common name 🙂 i am based just north of London.Never used a Etrac although at one time it was the most popular detector on the planet.

Hope your new detector turns up really soon and may your finds pouch overflow with amazing finds.

• Like 3