GPZ 7000 Includes Free 19” Coil

Hey Steve,

That is correct, for a limited time Minelab is including the 19" Searchcoil (value 1500.00) with the purchase of a Minelab GPZ 7000.  We are also including our 2020 Prospectors bundle with this promo.  I didn't think we would see another FREE coil promo again, but it has always been a great way to get the customers on the fence to jump in and get $1500 in free value + a nice bundle deal.  

Rob

• Like 1

They must have a warehouse full of those things. The offer is not available in Australia. 

X coils would have had a negative effect on sales, as many used 19" ML coils are for sale here.

• Like 1

Have to agree Rob. Minelab would without doubt be the biggest selling detector company in the world, but not really Australian anymore. They used to be, but are now really multi national. They manufacture in Malaysia, and only service and repair their latest detectors. If you own any of the earlier models you have to have any repairs done by independent technicians.

A sad sign of the times I'm afraid, as Australia has lost so much of its manufacturing. We no longer have a car making industry, and so many other once proud Australian products are no more. Even many of the stores that sell all the overseas products are foreign owned as well. We have fallen back so far as to be almost a third world country, and a client state.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Free is the right price! Bought one when they first came out, used and tested on a 20 gm nugget , it did detect 30 percent deeper than the 14x13 coil but did not detect as deep as a 20” NF mono on a 4500. So being twice the weight and under performing the 20” mono, sold it immediately. What a disappointment.

• Like 4

I guess the market for the 19" coil is pretty much saturated here in Australia as can be seen by the number being offered on Ebay and other used product venues. Australia is a very small market compared with the USA, plus the fact that X coils have made a big impact here due in part that Aussies are more adventuress than our American cousins when it comes to taking a chance on something new. We once were a country that punched above our weight, which was proven when we took the America's cup from the country that had dominated in sailing from the beginning of that concept. 

New Zealand took over that crown with a much smaller population than Australia, and now produce the best sailing equipment in the world. A David in the Goliath world of sailing. If New Zealand had a larger gold field they would probably produce the world's best detector.

Minelab has become the Goliath of metal detector technologies, but their 19" coil has become a heavy T model Ford compared with the X coils. The option to crushing and recycling these behemoths is to to try offering them as a 'freebie'.

Minelab agents will spring to the defence of these over weight, over rated and over priced 'arm breakers' but that is to be expected. 

By the way, I am not an X coil agent, just a convert, and an ex ML 19" owner.

Couldnt it come to a day where detectors just die out.  ?? Where you would get a PI for a price of a vlf and you might not want it. ?? 

The miles one cover with those things is amazing.  Sooner or later people must start to run out of places to detect.  

All i see is people returning to the same patches finding bits of gold. . nothing new. 

4 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Minelab agents will spring to the defence of these over weight, over rated and over priced 'arm breakers' but that is to be expected. 

Doubtful. At one time they were the only option, and still the largest optional coil as far as I know, but that’s all. Overall I believe they were a failure for Minelab, a possible reason why we never saw any more GPZ coils after it. Hard to argue with included free with a GPZ as being overpriced though... I’d have to take one at that, regardless of the heavy beast that it is.

I did not know you still had a GPZ Reg, and are running X Coils on it. Thought you were done with Minelab?

6 hours ago, principedeleon said:

Couldnt it come to a day where detectors just die out.  ?? Where you would get a PI for a price of a vlf and you might not want it. ?? 

The miles one cover with those things is amazing.  Sooner or later people must start to run out of places to detect.  

All i see is people returning to the same patches finding bits of gold. . nothing new. 

Yeah, it’s basically heading that way, especially here in the U.S. If gold was still $300 an ounce we’d already be done. People who say they are doing it for fun and adventure, not the value, for some reason are not out looking for things of no value instead. They could be looking for copper nuggets but few seem interested in that for some reason, even though it is as challenging and has just as much fun and adventure as gold detecting. The price does matter, and ever increasing prices have kept this ship afloat. And if gold breaks above $US2000 an ounce I expect we will see another electronic gold rush as people detect for the last remaining dribs and drabs on patches pounded for decades. Yes, there are virgin patches out there, but it’s the rare true prospectors out spending the weeks or months of non-producing detecting needed to find them. Ultimately it is legal access to ground that is the limit, and if gold prices spike everything available will get claimed up to the hilt. Competition will be fierce again. We lose even if we win.

I feel like I missed the real heyday 20 years ago being busy running my business. But I am grateful I got to do what I did when I did near the end of it all, and see some virgin patches myself, and lots of large gold. The GPZ really did light things up, but now even the GPZ gold is getting sparse. I’m afraid I’m one of those spoiled old guys finding it hard to get motivated to go out and detect for a few grams. Beach detecting is more pleasant and with better viewing, and more what I’m inclined to do these days. :smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1