GPZ 7000 Includes Free 19” Coil

For Reg, I was flat out picking this up.🤪 Yes I’m a dealer🤕

A99F6E19-DB0F-429E-B38F-F58B19FF3E60.thumb.jpeg.d67e48b2df19fcccf052cb455f53c824.jpeg

1990DEDB-AE8D-4771-A1C1-61757AA09551.thumb.jpeg.a53afae77539221f0a5487b84ab0efde.jpeg

1BE60461-2B16-48E1-B5FA-67050078AA93.thumb.jpeg.51056111484c27e0e434eddfa5f661ee.jpeg

The GPZ 19 is heavy but so are the larger X coils, not as bad but still hard on the arm and the ears.😬There’s a lot of wire in all of them.🙉

Years ago Coiltek made a 24” Round DD, it was a monster at 2kg with no lower shaft, many many people swung those coils to very good effect especially in Victoria chasing lumps. Never once saw anyone call them Dog’s.🧐 I did very well with mine with the biggest a 20 ounce piece in the Pilbara.

BTW Australia is actually a bigger market than the US for ML gold machines.

JP

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, phrunt said:

This 25" coil is around 1650 to 1700 grams including coil cover, the 19" Minelab coil is about 1830 Grams.  A lot more coil for slightly less weight. 

Now all we need is a picture of a decent piece of gold being found with one at 1 meter and this thread will have then achieved a full 2nd circle.🤫🤣

The vast majority of GPZ’s sold through our shop in the last month have had the discounted ($500 off) GPZ19 coil option included (we have had a bit of a rush on locally with the Coal Miners). I advise customers the GPZ19 coil is an arm full and requires dedication and a different approach but people want them anyway rather than go on eBay searching for one of Reg’s bargains, they want the ML warranty and piece of mind. 

JP

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Do Minelab help with that discount or is it you taking the hit when you do it? When I was looking into buying a GPZ the dealers had very limited scope in price, it's disappointing in America you can get these free coil deals and not in our part of the world.

Everything is done in US dollars so in essence Australia has not had a price rise on the GPZ even though our dollar has tanked against the greenback!! I’ve got no issue with the US customers getting the coil for free with the detector especially when you consider the scope of where they can actually use it over there.

GPZ’s in Australia and most probably NZ are placed in the stores on consignment hence the set pricing, the only place for bargaining is in the accessories supplied for free or discounted by the dealer at time of purchase, this sales method is really the best option because all dealers in Australia need to provide or at least offer comprehensive training either from the dealer themselves or through a competent intermediary, both of which are time consuming and expensive. If discounting was allowed to happen training would be the first thing to suffer.

JP

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

GPZ’s in Australia and most probably NZ are placed in the stores on consignment hence the set pricing

Thanks JP.  It is good that you write that, as it is something I have heard but not had confirmed.  Someone suggested ‘price fixing’ or ‘collusion’ amongst dealers but being on consignment it is neither. 

But that does lead me to another question.  It seems like the non certified Minelab dealers (Anaconda, BCF, etc) sell at about the same price as everyone else but then when they have their 20% off weekends the Minelab stuff is also 20% off.   But it seems certified dealers cannot do that?  With you, are things like the Equinox and Gold Monster also on consignment?  
It seems very unfair that yourself and Nenad HAVE TO sell an Equinox 600 at XXX price but BCF can knock 20%.  Makes it hard for you guys to compete on those items. 

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

traditional dealers, their advantage is knowledge and training which the Big Box stores can't provide. 

100% agree.  But to most people if they can save $200 off a brand new Equinox 600 they will take it and then look to YouTube for ‘education’.  
I think if some people have to be fixed price then all should be. 

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, it’s basically heading that way, especially here in the U.S. If gold was still $300 an ounce we’d already be done. People who say they are doing it for fun and adventure, not the value, for some reason are not out looking for things of no value instead. They could be looking for copper nuggets but few seem interested in that for some reason, even though it is as challenging and has just as much fun and adventure as gold detecting. The price does matter, and ever increasing prices have kept this ship afloat. And if gold breaks above $US2000 an ounce I expect we will see another electronic gold rush as people detect for the last remaining dribs and drabs on patches pounded for decades. Yes, there are virgin patches out there, but it’s the rare true prospectors out spending the weeks or months of non-producing detecting needed to find them. Ultimately it is legal access to ground that is the limit, and if gold prices spike everything available will get claimed up to the hilt. Competition will be fierce again. We lose even if we win.

I feel like I missed the real heyday 20 years ago being busy running my business. But I am grateful I got to do what I did when I did near the end of it all, and see some virgin patches myself, and lots of large gold. The GPZ really did light things up, but now even the GPZ gold is getting sparse. I’m afraid I’m one of those spoiled old guys finding it hard to get motivated to go out and detect for a few grams. Beach detecting is more pleasant and with better viewing, and more what I’m inclined to do these days. :smile:

Well i dont know if you have noticed it but everyone out here have noticed the sun is hotter then ever. Being out in the sun isnt as pleasant. 

For now i feel better being by the water looking for gold in the shade and atleast i see the color of gold everyday. 

At the end thats what really matter because everyone says gold mining is an adventure or hobby. But when you get to find a steady income you cut that down to a very low percentage. 

People could find metal detecting a decent size nugget or patch but finding another is pretty tough for the same reason you stated. 

One person might be lucky but the odds of others be veryyy low.  

I do not get excited about the lower priced coin and relic machines because there is just not enough margin relative to the time we spend on customers and the volume we can achieve in a small population centre, we do move a reasonable amount of Equinox but have to discount to remain competitive. TBH I have no issue with the chain stores stocking these items because for ML to make money out of them they need to sell volumes which cannot happen with shops like ours set up for more personable engagements. 

JP

• Like 4

Steve, I still have a GPX and have access to a GPZ whenever I should want to use it. I have been accused of being a Minelab hater, just because I have the temerity to criticise some of their products. This is ridiculous, as I will use whatever product produces gold for me.

As a prospecting tool I now use a QED for a number of reasons. It is light and ergonomic. The target response is sharp and definite, and depth quite impressive.

For areas that have been proven and have the potential of producing at greater depth, I have no qualms about using a GPZ and X coil, or a GPX with either X coil or concentric.

Different detectors for different soil conditions.

PS I now use X coils exclusively on my QED as I can run them on 'hotter' settings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1