Mars Telescoping Metal Detector Shaft For Ace Apex

I actually have no issue with the Ace Apex using the AT Max shaft and handle assembly. However, it should be easy for an adapter to come out for the Mars Universal shaft, an XP Deus knockoff.

Garrett Ace Apex Data & Reviews

ace-apex-garrett-metal-detector-side.jpg
Garrett Ace Apex metal detector

mars-universal-detector-shaft-garrett-ace-apex.jpg
Mars Universal Telescoping metal detector shaft

I thought that Apex could easily be adapted to the Deus rod, but I see that Mars has already thought about it.

• 1 month later...

Maybe the beginning of a new wave in metal detecting! 🤔  Pick your brand of control box; to be mounted on your choice of shaft, with a universal mount! Coils could be worked out to have a universal mount also! But it would still have to be profitable for all manufacturers involved! Or it will never happen! (Only aftermarket)! Many like the exclusivity of their products, and even amongst their own lines, to ever agree on their own! But you get the idea I'm relaying; even if it is extremely unlikely! 👍👍

On 5/21/2020 at 3:47 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

...Mars Universal shaft...

Made me look!  It says it works for the Fisher Gold Bug but doesn't mention the Teknetics G2, which I realize is a pistol grip (nor the Fisher F19, for that matter, which isn't).  730 g.  Hmm.  I wish our forum member steveg would make this kind of shaft.   I'd rather send my $ to him.

• Like 1