Last Day On The Road Hunt

Impressive hunting Dan. 

Congrats on all that silver, relics and wheats !!!!!

I rarely see so many good finds posted from a road trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happa54 said:

Impressive hunting Dan. 

Congrats on all that silver, relics and wheats !!!!!

I rarely see so many good finds posted from a road trip.

Lol....it's a roll of the dice, I certainly was second guessing myself in the beginning. You never know how it's going to play out.

Really great finds and am glad that you had fun. Stay safe and happy hunting on your next trip!

• Thanks 1

Sometimes things just fall together by finding the right thing to focus you at the proper moment.  You obviously did your research so you knew it had potential.

Well done.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

Wow, some fantastic finds to say the least. I've never found some of those items.

• Thanks 1

Quite a week you had!  Looks like you found a 1960's carnival/fair site, with the Roosie/Merc ratio being that high.  Mine (which are from many sites) is in the other direction -- that is, considerably more Mercs than Roosies.

What are the two tokens?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Quite a week you had!  Looks like you found a 1960's carnival/fair site, with the Roosie/Merc ratio being that high.  Mine (which are from many sites) is in the other direction -- that is, considerably more Mercs than Roosies.

What are the two tokens?

I was hunting an old city park that dated back to the thirties and forties. The barbers all came from an area across from the train depot in the same town. One of the tokens is an Oklahoma tax token, the other one I can't quite make it out until I get home to clean it. Everything came from a small area about 30 to 40 foot wide by 150 foot long

• Like 2

Just now, Dan(NM) said:

Everything came from a small area about 30 to 40 foot wide by 150 foot long

Interesting.  Was that the only part of the park that you hunted, or did you check other parts and find them barren?  I'm constantly trying to learn more about site reading which is why I ask.