Simplex+ Coils Coming

I knocked the Idea around to find a Tesoro Silver Sabre or Eldorado, some thing in the 10-12khz range, so I could have something not too expensive to throw in the trunk, just in case. And if it gets stolen somehow I'm not out the price of an Equinox 800. After researching, I purchased a used Simplex+. I think it will fill the bill nicely!

I asked Notka/Makro if there was more selection on coils available. I got an email back;

Dear Randy,

Thanks for showing interest in our product.

Simplex compatible only with SP28 Search coil (11''). In the near future, we are planning to launch more coils for Simplex.

Hopefully, the product will be added to the accessories soon.

Best regards!

Burak Tunc

Regional Sales Representative

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rled2005 said:

I knocked the Idea around to find a Tesoro Silver Sabre or Eldorado, some thing in the 10-12khz range, so I could have something not too expensive to throw in the trunk, just in case. And if it gets stolen somehow I'm not out the price of an Equinox 800. After researching, I purchased a used Simplex+. I think it will fill the bill nicely!

I asked Notka/Makro if there was more selection on coils available. I got an email back;

Dear Randy,

Thanks for showing interest in our product.

Simplex compatible only with SP28 Search coil (11''). In the near future, we are planning to launch more coils for Simplex.

Hopefully, the product will be added to the accessories soon.

Best regards!

Burak Tunc

Regional Sales Representative

I've thought about getting the machine for the same reason - I do a lot of travel and there have been so many "I wish I had a detector right now" occasions but I hesitate letting a high dollar machine bump around in the truck as break ins aren't exactly an infrequent thing here in California. 

7 hours ago, AU_Solitude said:

I've thought about getting the machine for the same reason - I do a lot of travel and there have been so many "I wish I had a detector right now" occasions but I hesitate letting a high dollar machine bump around in the truck as break ins aren't exactly an infrequent thing here in California. 

AUPine, I understand. I grew up in Modesto, CA area. Definitely have crazies down there! But, out of the all the places that I have lived, Idaho was the worst for break ins, from personal experience. And now from Covid-19, break ins have doubled here in Oregon.

They been saying SOON since the release of the simplex on the extra coils ha ha ha

• Like 1

Soon if not yesterday would have been great.

The coil on the Simplex is good but I wish all detectors when they came out had a smaller coil in the range of 6” in diameter. It would be great if it came with it but if not  as to be just available so one could buy.

Just hope the coil is in relation in price of the detector. I say that price has to fall under a 100.00 . Somewhere between 50 and 75 would be my guess. I’m not in the business of making coils so forgive me Dilek if I’m totally off the mark.

Chuck