Know It If You Saw It? Better Than Gold.

and... happy moon festival yesterday.

Moon cake from President Xi (She). Friends were invited to Washington for a meeting and dinner with President Xi and they brought back moon cake that was given as gifts from China. i've had a lot of moon cake and don't really like it, but this was very tasty stuff made with dates, nuts and other spices, it's good to be president.

post-618-0-18432900-1443482938_thumb.jpg

How very interesting, both your life and the information on the jade. i dont believe we have any white jade of quality in wyoming, but we do have beautiful nephrite jade about an hour twenty min. away in jeffrey city area.

old story around here says there is/was big old boulder of it covered up by early rockhound( near 3 ft dia. range). who knows? I havent went to find it yet.

• Like 1

Hi Spencer, 

I can't complain about this run when my time is up, i've had the opportunity to try a lot of different stuff and see a bunch of different things and then I met my wife and life really got interesting. She had some power and connections as she was growing up in Shanghai and helped out a lot of people with their own connections who now call her sister. a lot of these people are running the country now, for me it's always exciting when I'm over there, but it can be a bit overwhelming at times although everyone is really nice. On one of my earlier trips over I stayed for three months, I brought a bunch of cash (the shops and businesses won't take US currency i found out) an my cards to get me through my stay, when I headed back home i had the same amount of money I came with, no one would let me pay for anything so luckily i didn't need the cash after all. the other thing i can tell you is three months in a foreign country is a hell of a long time when hardly anyone else speaks any english and the customs and food are all different. you really miss a good burger when you can't get one (you can get a yak burger in Shang-gra-la, its not the same).

if you can find that giant jade boulder, I can connect you with someone to carve it for you... 

post-618-0-31056000-1443506339_thumb.jpg

we have another friend in Xin Mi, who has a lot of farm land and on his land are a couple of jade mines, they hard rock mine a very beautiful green chrysoprase and other chalcedony there. the mines are nestled in a very picturesque hillside and river valley that looked great for gold prospecting so i was asking my wife about where the giant gold nugget was found in the farm field in China, thinking it would be fun to invite a group over to hunt for gold if it was detectable in the area. turns out that giant nugget was found in the Xin Jiang region same as the hetian nephrite jade. I did a little more research on gold regions in China and as it also turns out some of the largest gold producing mines are within the same general part of the country as my friends property in Xin Mi, i don't know if the gold bearing channels in china would extend anywhere near his land, but the quartzite's and other mineralization might suggest some possibility.

post-618-0-44444300-1443552429_thumb.png

post-618-0-19720500-1443552442_thumb.png

post-618-0-00308300-1443552453_thumb.png

post-618-0-04689200-1443552464_thumb.png

post-618-0-00029900-1443552475_thumb.png

• Like 1