Fisher Impulse AQ - New Studio Photo

30 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

With the exception of the battery cable I really like the look of this detector. And after swinging a 7 lb Garrett ATX this 4.2 lbs of well balanced detector is going to seem like a dream on my arm. I ditched both my ATX and my 7.2 lb Minelab GPZ 7000 a couple years ago in a fit of passive-aggressive protest over those heavy beasts, and swore not to buy another pulse machine until somebody made something more in line with the ergonomics I desired. The Impulse AQ tips the scales at a little over 4 lbs, but that is largely because of the 12" round coil. A smaller coil is a distinct possibility, as is the ability to belt mount the battery. In any case, good enough for me and a huge improvement of what I'm used to. The price remains to be seen, but it has a good chance at coming in under $2000, making the new Fisher Impulse AQ one of the best contenders so far in my Under 4 lb, Under $2K Challenge

Looks like a nice machine.I  use the infinium in the great lakes and it  does  well there in the heavy black sand areas where the gold   likes to hang out.If they put the  ATX in infinium housing for     1200$ it would sell well.

• Like 2

I was asked up front on the upcoming ATX "should we put it in the Infinium box, or the Recon Pro housing." I said Infinium, they went with Recon Pro. Driving up the weight and cost. I was fine with that but my efforts at lobbying for another light weight dry land version have been ignored for years, except for a couple pats on the head and a "we've not forgot about you" type statements. Bah, humbug! Too late Garrett. I'll get a Fisher instead!!

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I was asked up front on the upcoming ATX "should we put it in the Infinium box, or the Recon Pro housing." I said Infinium, they went with Recon Pro. Driving up the weight and cost. I was fine with that but my efforts at lobbying for another light weight dry land version have been ignored for years, except for a couple pats on the head and a "we've not forgot about you" type statements. Bah, humbug! Too late Garrett. I'll get a Fisher instead!!

You have the passion.You were in that type of business.You have a great forum.      They should pay more  attention to you.Macro came out of nowhere because they paid attention.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I guess i will  may sell my ATX as well to finance a little bit for the AQ.It's like a dream machine for what i need on the beaches i hunt.The ability seeing trough iron to get the gold!!! come on Fisher!!