Results Of Gold Nugget Detector Survey

Statistics, like a bikini, can be very revealing. but the things they hide, like a bikini, are vital.

What am I finding gold with? A fragile, heavy, clumsy, expensive, porely supported GPZ 7000 with questionable reliability that could easily have been 40% better without adding significant manufacturing costs.

What is my favorite? And old scratched up, beat up, worn out, seamingly indestructable, well equiped with accesories for all occasions GPX 4000.

• Like 1

Good try klunker, but we all now know you use a TB-135 to find your gold!

Different strokes for different folks. Lots of people happy just using a Gold Bug 2. As long as folks are getting out, finding some gold, and most importantly, enjoying themselves, all is good.

Statistics, like a bikini, can be very revealing. but the things they hide, like a bikini, are vital.

What am I finding gold with? A fragile, heavy, clumsy, expensive, porely supported GPZ 7000 with questionable reliability that could easily have been 40% better without adding significant manufacturing costs.

What is my favorite? And old scratched up, beat up, worn out, seamingly indestructable, well equiped with accesories for all occasions GPX 4000.

thats funny... :D

If we can just remember, for most of us, this is just a hobby and we don't have to make a profit every time we go out.  Finding eight pieces of gold no matter how small is a victory and each is treasure in my book.  The real enjoyment of our hobby is getting out in the hills where there is solitude, spectacular views and wild animals every trip.  And the only thought in our minds for eight solid hours is "was that a signal."

Don't get me wrong, a big nugget is better, but the Gold Bug 2 is much lighter and easier on the body and it does produce gold, every time.  We take along our Minelabs and almost every trip use them, but are finding less gold than with the Fisher.  Thanks for the data Steve.

• Like 3

Thanks Steve for the hard work! I enjoy your forum.

Hey Steve. I found your survey to be quite interesting but not suprising. To be fair the TB135 is of marginal use without the trained Burmese Mountain Dog accessory package.

I promise to make a usefull contribution on the next survey.

• Like 1

Nice stuff, I agree with Rick it'd be interesting to see every year if you were willing to do it.

Would be interesting to see how much share the 4500 regains and if the very popular SDC is so popular because it fills a price niche or a utility niche. All sorts of other fun questions to think about who's answers could potentially show up in data trends over time too.

Are you able to post the spreadsheet for download?

I would be willing to do it again but that is a year from now so we can worry about that, well, a year from now!

I will post the spreadsheet soon Jason but it will show nothing not in the images above. I have one extra column to the left that contains the member names (to help me eliminate duplicate posts) but thought just going with an ID number worked best to make it at least kinda sorta anonymous. So I will remove that column before uploading. Busy at the moment but will do by tomorrow morning for sure.