TexasMike

Hello From Texas!

I have been on here gathering information for my nox 800. After seeing all the information, decided to join! I have my sister (unfortunately with all this loss) going on, I bought her the vanquish 540 pack. Trying to give her some freedom time. Needless to say we are a few hrs from Galveston. Hoping to go this Thursday and give her some hope in finding something. Great seeing everyone giving information and help on here. Thanks Steve for this forum! 

Mike in Texas

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum. Great place for info here.

• Like 2

Thanks for joining, welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum from Southern California. Good luck out there!

Welcome Mike,

I know the feeling! I was out this weekend in the rain with the 800! First use since the lockdown began to lift here! It felt like a new detector! 

I don't think your sister will need too much "luck"! That's a great detector to start with! Watch out!, she may skunk you!!🤣  Wish you all the best of luck, and skill!👍👍

• Like 1

Thanks Kac, Steve, BeachHunter and Joe. lol I’m hoping she does! Yes, a lot of good people with great respect and knowledge on here. Yes, took her to an old school, to practice and dug up a1964 quarter. I was thrilled to say.😄 now she has my old carrot pointer, bag a new scoop and ordered water shoes. Wishing more was around to give her field time. Thanks for all the great info everyone provides to us newbies. Lol I’ve been buying more than I need too! 

Great to have you here on DP Mike, I hope to see some of your dirt treasure posted soon. Oh and the girls will out detect all of us, so be prepared to take some heat. Glad your here my friend.

Thanks Kac, Steve, BeachHunter and Joe. lol I’m hoping she does! Yes, a lot of good people with great respect and knowledge on here. Yes, took her to an old school, to practice and dug up a1964 quarter. I was thrilled to say.😄 now she has my old carrot pointer, bag a new scoop and ordered water shoes. Wishing more was around to give her field time. Thanks for all the great info everyone provides to us newbies. Lol I’ve been buying more than I need too! 

Thanks dogodog, 😂 I can’t deny that! I know I will lose that battle. Yes, hoping to find places with relics. Enjoy history finds. Started watching Oak Island and that’s how I decided to get the Minelab. Hoping sis will find something on the beach, instead of digging trash when the house was built.🤣

Glad to see you on here Mike, and please post some pictures of the finds from the beach.

I think we all enjoy seeing and hearing about the finds from the hunts people do.

Good Luck!

Welcome, Mike!

You've come to the right place for all your detecting questions. I learn things here every day!

~Bash

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By King-Of-Bling
      Ok guys...I'm the real guy from the other forum who goes by the name of KOB. But here , I will go by King-Of-Bling. Which is what the name stands for and was given to me many moons ago. I have only been looking at this forum for a few weeks now and it appears it's a little more serious on the discussion side regarding hunting and detectors. As some others here may know me from elsewhere , I like to have fun and not always take life so seriously. Will see how it goes.
      A little about me : my 1st detector was in 1970. Had to use 2 hands to swing it. Didn't really detect much often until 1980 , where being wiser (and stronger) led me to better finds. I live in So.Cal , though have spent time in Miami and Hawaii. Grew up as a surf rat , always loved the beach. My main go to machine is a PI. Though over the years have owned others. Most recently the Nox , which I sold. I don't have a lot of dirt experience like others do here. But the beach , well.... 1 of my mottos in life has been : You are never to young or old to learn something new. Anyway...Thanks for having me join....King-Of-Bling !
    • By spandexlurch
      My coworker has recently gotten me interested in detecting. I've already been to two of his sites with him and he has loaned me his old Whites 6000 coinmaster. He even allowed me to borrow it on my vacation to Michigan recently. So far I haven't found any treasures but I'm already looking into buying my first detector. I'm 35 and currently in Pennsylvania. Currently don't have much time to detect between having a two year old and work but I'm trying to get out there more.
    • By Boker13
      Never done a forum before, looking for others in my area to detect with. Have a lead on an old stage coach stop near here, anybody local to Coos Bay, OR and want to work that sight?
    • By xlbsa
      I am a player with many brand metal detectors. I come from China. At this stage in my country, people are very keen to detect gold coins and treasures.  Nice to meet everyone.

• By songshun
      I am a new guy and I am happy to be here with you guys
    • By cudamark
      Hello everyone, I've been a lurker here for quite a while now, but, since I got a new detector today, I thought I'd join a new forum and the discussions about it. I've been detecting now for 50 years as of this month. Been through many machines in that time. Started with a BFO, went through the TR's and various single frequency VLF's and then into the multifrequency Minelab machines. There were a few side trips with PI machines, but, they made me work too hard digging iron targets at my beaches, so, I got rid of them all after getting my first Excalibur. Now, just today, I got the Impulse AQ. I've been considering another PI machine for some time now to complement the Excal, and was about to pull the trigger on a TDI when I started to hear about the Impulse AQ (Manta back then). Kept in touch with Rick K and got on his list when it looked like it was going to happen. Just charged it up and hope to hit the beach at low tide tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! Thanks, Mark