Any Info On New Minelab Mf5 Detector ???

I was wondering if anyone has heard any new information on Minelabs new Metal Detector MF5 ? Im assuming MF5 would be 5 multi frequencys? Dont know could be wrong? If this topic has been discussed please delete...

Picture is from US patent, Trademark website

Thanks..

Dave

2016851019_MinelabMF5.thumb.jpg.2f81be574f87da05c813160ceed465a8.jpg

• Like 4

We'll put Phrunt on it!

• Like 1

minelab-mf5-metal-detector.jpg

Minelab MF5. Has a multifrequency coin & jewelry feel to it. Multi Frequency 5. CTX replacement? The CTX is eight years old now.

Sounds very interesting, looking at Simons info my guess is it’s AN IMPROVED METAL DETECTOR. :smile: Patents being filed, trademarks filed, announcements in company reports... another September Detectival release maybe?

Or maybe a new mine detector - Mine Field 5. Notice the resemblance to MDS-10 logo below.

new detector.PNG
Minelabs FY21 starts in July 2020

• Like 6

I still dream from Minelab a P.I. with an 8" "goldscan style" round mono coil (interchangeable), 200ft submersible rated,negative buoyant and less bulky machine in this shell....

This will be the only way to fight the impulse AQ at least on design. I'm actually afraid to dive with a 1m depth rated /almost 2.000bucks/drown fragile thing...

373321.png

• Like 2

F1A4, F3 and F3C were all landmine detectors, so MF5 certainly seems to be leaning in that direction. 

• Like 5

My bet is on the MF5 being the mine detector. With five key products coming I’d also not be surprised to see new coin and gold detectors. Minelab is in a roll, could be their biggest product intro ever. Exciting times for the metal detector industry!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My bet is on the MF5 being the mine detector. With five key products coming I’d also not be surprised to see new coin and gold detectors. Minelab is in a roll, could be their biggest product intro ever. Exciting times for the metal detector industry!

Yes but Minelab,Fisher,XP its not gonna be a good one for our wallets:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Phrunt has already book an appointment at the bank to remortgage 

RR

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

Phrunt has already book an appointment at the bank to remortgage 

RR

He's not the only one, believe me...Luckily I'm done with home's accomodation for now, but already looking for some form of extra cash to afford other artillery...

Main problem is...Summer is coming and people will disturb activities in the water...So this is not properly the moment to invest in future equipment that hardly will pay back itself in months...

My girl is suspicious as usual and when I smile like a devil on the sofa looking at new coils  she knows........That I'm next to burn other money....Since a few days ago I learned how to avoid bad couple management....I pay a sort of tax to her, so she can enjoy results of my hunting work and don't hurt my ears......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

He's not the only one, believe me...Luckily I'm done with home's accomodation for now, but already looking for some form of extra cash to afford other artillery...

Main problem is...Summer is coming and people will disturb activities in the water...So this is not properly the moment to invest in future equipment that hardly will pay back itself in months...

My girl is suspicious as usual and when I smile like a devil on the sofa looking at new coils  she knows........That I'm next to burn other money....Since a few days ago I learned how to avoid bad couple management....I pay a sort of tax to her, so she can enjoy results of my hunting work and don't hurt my ears......

Welcome to my world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thing is everywhere you go in my houseS there are machines or coils everywhere..........not mentioning sand scoops,spades,picks ,mattocks,pickaxes,wellies jackets and hats ...........my tax is :i need to get involve in cryptos 😂😆 this morning i made 25 euros she asked ,if you went out today i am not sure you will have found 10 😂😆😂😂😂can't argue so i went to paint the bedroom 

RR

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think for too long we were getting excited about small improvements in detectors as there was really nothing substantial being released, we even fell for new paint jobs on occasion.  We are in a different world now, competition is firing up, it's great.

For me to modify my current detector line-up something really good would have to happen, I'm really happy with my current detectors.  The Apex I am glad has hit the market as it gets Garrett back into the game but I have no interest in getting one.  It doesn't fit my new rule of being significantly different or better than what I've got.  Minelab spoilt us with the dramatic change the Equinox brought, I want big improvements from now on like that with every detector release or I will personally dismiss it as another paint job.   Garrett achieved the dramatic Equinox change with their Apex.

A Multi IQ Waterproof Gold Monster with different multi modes embracing low, mid, high and very high frequency options would be nice and a range of single frequencies 20/40/60/70 or something similar.  I know they can do it.  A lightweight SDC with modes for mild and hot soil.... every detector should have a coil range.  ML needs to work with aftermarket manufacturers if they're going to chip their coils to prevent fake detectors, They need to work with the coil manufacturers to help them support their detectors with coils seeing they're not interested in making a good range.  Nel, Mars and Detech could make some killer VLF coils and X-coils, NF, Coiltek and Detech could provide the PI/GPZ coils to give everyone the range they want.   Minelab may start to lose sales to other brands as the competition heats up as the other brands don't block aftermarket coils.

My wish lists are getting tougher to achieve the better detectors are getting 🙂  The manufacturers are going to have to work for my money.

I agree with you Matey i spend a lot of dosh in the last 12 months to punch deeper than the competition,i spent also countless hours looking for elusive Gold jewellery (the Covid19 situation didn't help but thats for everyone),but the ratio is not what i expected so from this week i am changing strategy less money on gear more time looking at the beaches configurations.Whatever machine will come out i ll wait ......................................................a bit 😂😂😅😅😅

RR