canoe

Just Registered

Am in N. Central Tx. and am currently using a MXT that is a number of years old.  I will be asking about the newer models in the near future.

Anyway, howdy to all.

Welcome, canoe!  Lots of good info here on mutilple topics, not the least of which is metal detectors for every possible application.  You'll enjoy your time here and learn a few things along the way.  MXT is has been a workhorse for 1 1/2 decades and has held its own well, but you're right, there are new toys with more bells and whistles.

• Like 2

Howdy back at you canoe!

Welcome!

You will be glad to have found this site! It will save you alot of time, and money, dialing in the next "Right Detector" !!  I'll start with this: 👍👍

Steve's post:  "Best detector values under $500

• Like 3

You won't be up sh**s creek here Canoe. Glad you joined in with us. Can't wait to see some of your finds and help you with your questions.

• Like 3

MXT is a solid machine, know a guy that has founds tons of great coins with one. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Glad you paddled your way to this big pond of information and fun.

Looking forward to your posts and pictures of your finds, good luck and don't spring a leak.

• Like 1

Yes Steve, we are staying on "subject"!!!  We were just discussing what a great place this would be to detect! And the equipment needed to get there; for the canew 🛶 guy!! 🤣👍👍

20200527_011814.jpg

20200527_011833.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Good luck!

Welcome, canoe!

You've come to the right place for all things detecting.  Enjoy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DF in TX
      Hi all!
      I'm pretty much a newcomer compared to many here with decades of experience, but I'm slowly trying to work my way out of that status.
      I got started less than a decade ago with a Fisher F2, then F70, then F75LTD2,  and a month ago I got an Equinox 800.  The soil around my home is 4-5 bars on the F75, and I the 'Nox hasn't disappointed with its ability to deal with these minerals.  The heat and high humidity has been oppressive this summer in my area, so the new machine hasn't seen as many hours as it should have.
      Anyway, I've been reading this forum for several weeks and it looks great.
      Happy hunting, and stay safe!
    • By King-Of-Bling
      Ok guys...I'm the real guy from the other forum who goes by the name of KOB. But here , I will go by King-Of-Bling. Which is what the name stands for and was given to me many moons ago. I have only been looking at this forum for a few weeks now and it appears it's a little more serious on the discussion side regarding hunting and detectors. As some others here may know me from elsewhere , I like to have fun and not always take life so seriously. Will see how it goes.
      A little about me : my 1st detector was in 1970. Had to use 2 hands to swing it. Didn't really detect much often until 1980 , where being wiser (and stronger) led me to better finds. I live in So.Cal , though have spent time in Miami and Hawaii. Grew up as a surf rat , always loved the beach. My main go to machine is a PI. Though over the years have owned others. Most recently the Nox , which I sold. I don't have a lot of dirt experience like others do here. But the beach , well.... 1 of my mottos in life has been : You are never to young or old to learn something new. Anyway...Thanks for having me join....King-Of-Bling !
    • By spandexlurch
      My coworker has recently gotten me interested in detecting. I've already been to two of his sites with him and he has loaned me his old Whites 6000 coinmaster. He even allowed me to borrow it on my vacation to Michigan recently. So far I haven't found any treasures but I'm already looking into buying my first detector. I'm 35 and currently in Pennsylvania. Currently don't have much time to detect between having a two year old and work but I'm trying to get out there more.
    • By Boker13
      Never done a forum before, looking for others in my area to detect with. Have a lead on an old stage coach stop near here, anybody local to Coos Bay, OR and want to work that sight?
    • By xlbsa
      I am a player with many brand metal detectors. I come from China. At this stage in my country, people are very keen to detect gold coins and treasures.  Nice to meet everyone.

• By songshun
      I am a new guy and I am happy to be here with you guys