I as just alerted by a forum member that Cabelas is advertising the Fisher Gold Bug 2 for $574, a new low price. I do not know if this is a clearance sale, or a permanent price reduction, or if it is offered at other dealers. I'm sure we will sort that out real fast! :smile:

They also have the basic Gold Bug on sale for $375. Do not confuse this with the Gold Bug Pro. The Pro has both ground grab and manual ground balance, the basic Bug has ground grab only. Otherwise however they are the same detector.

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/_/N-1104188?CQ_view=list&CQ_ztype=GNU&CQ_ref=~type-Gold%2BDetectors

cabelas-sale-gold-bug-2-gold-bug-metal-detectors.jpg

• Like 2

Sorta looks like detector prices are dropping...probably due to the overall economy.

Jim

• Like 1

I think they are bundling, dealing and moving out old (heavy) inventory before the great tsunami of new detectors coming out.  Their price and features will change everything.  Once you've seen the pretty new ones it will be pretty hard to put your mind back on the old klunker!  (Pun intended.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cabelas gift cards can usually be purchased at a nice discount from some of the gift card outlet sites like raise. I buy them for restaurants all the time. Right now Raise has $100 cards for $91.50 so a discount of 8.5%. That takes an extra $50 or so off the price.

Edit: Just saw that cabelas is selling gift cards June 5-7 for $10 off $100 limit of 5 per household. It's in their Summer Savings advertisement catalogue on the bottom of page 13. Depending on sales tax that is a round $60 off that sales price.

https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=RetailStoreFlyers

• Like 3

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure what Fisher is doing, but I have heard many dealers and distributors have dropped them due to Fisher direct selling against their Distributors and Dealers.  I'm still selling them, but Fisher sales have tanked for me once the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 arrived and the White's 24K.  

• Like 4

My sales have went down on Fisher detectors as well, which I hate to see.  But in all honesty, my sales on Minelabs have went up.  White's is holding their heads above water with the 24K (which I really like) and the GMX and I sell my share of them.  Garrett's Gold detector sales for me anyway, have slowed some.  The GB-2 must have sold out at Cabela's as I don't see it any more.  Funny how the GB-2 is the KING OF TINY GOLD, but the largest nugget I ever found in the lower 48 states was with a GB-2.  Here is a video right after I just it up (had to hike back to the truck to get the camera).

• Like 8