Equinox 800 First Silver

I got a equinox 800 last week and my first two hunts i got nothing good. Watched you tube til I found the end of coin shooting. I made adjustments and bam one 1943 mercury dime, some wheats a 1967 peso and a cool brass button that reads California Highway Patrol. The picture I took sucks sorry about that. Whats the best way to clean these guys up? youtube is all over the map....

silver.jpg

• Like 4

Cowkiller, there is a thread that has been posted before with some really good advice, here is the link below.

• Thanks 1

baking soda (just a little bit) with water will shine that silver way up.

Congrats on your finds!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Those  40% halves are a tough target to find...

Yeh, only five years were they minted (not counting 1970-D which was only released in mint sealed collector sets, I think).

18 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

The 90%  Kennedy is tough too.

Only one year, although they made a gazillion due to its popularity.  But people were keeping them as souvenirs, not dropping them.

All half dollars are tough finds.  Even the nickel clads, which were mass produced, didn't see much circulation as for some reason the public decided half dollars were too large to deal with.  Throw in the fact that they are easier to spot laying on the ground.  I still only have found one half (merely nickel clad).  I'm confident there's a silver one awaiting my swing, but going to take more time.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Cowkiller.  A silver quarter alone is a darn good day (in 2020) in my book!  I bet there's more silver in that location.  Hope you can get back there.

• Like 3