Convert Wired To Wireless Headphones

Since I am new here, I wanted my first post(other that the meet and greet post) to hopefully be a contribution and perhaps help a few folks.

One of the most annoying things when using a corded set of headphones is catching the cord on brush and whatever else it might be attracted to. Well, I recently discovered there was such a thing as wireless headphones but could not find any that I thought I would be satisfied with, so with some research, this is what I came up with.

I bought a Taotronics blue tooth transmitter $29.95, a set of Cowen noise canceling low latency blue tooth headphones $59.99 and a Moborest 1/4" male to 1/8" female stereo adapter $9.98(2 to a pkg). Plugged adapter into my MXT, plugged transmitter into adapter, turned everything on including MXT, followed simple directions for pairing trans. to headphones and low and behold I now have wireless headphones for my detector.

I put a small square of sticky back velcro on the transmitter(which is very small) and the another on the side of the machine and just stuck them together, to hold the trans. in place. The trans. can always be unplugged and remover if warranted.

I found everything on Amazon.

This may be old knowledge to some but I maybe there are a few folks this info. will help.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope this will help someone.

Su Amigo, Canoe

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Canoe,

Can you, canoe, Canoe?  Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.  Welcome to the forum.

Anyway, great tip.  I see from your intro you use a Whites MXT.  Great detector, I still have mine and am not giving it up even though it just sits there now.  But it is a classic.  I keep a couple of those around for sentimental reasons like some folks keep their old guitars.  Anyway, the Minelab Equinox uses built in APTX Low Latency BT wireless as well, which also gave me the idea to use the Taotronics transmitter on my other detectors without wireless.  That way I can use the same BT APTX LL headphones for all my detectors.  Great, inexpensive system with the low latency needed for metal detecting and you are not locked into proprietary wireless headphones that may or may not be personally suitable from an audio standpoint.  If you are looking for a worthy successor to the MXT, the Equinox is worth consideration.  Head on over to the Equinox forum to check out the info and how people are doing with it.

• Like 1