New Ace Apex Video

That's right. I forgot that. Thanks

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you could customize frequency mixes this would be a far more sophisticated and therefore more expensive machine.

I could spend considerable time looking at user mamuals, or just ask you, Steve.  😀  Doesn't the White's V3i let you choose 2 of 3 frequencies?  Also, do any other detectors have this optionality?

44 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I could spend considerable time looking at user mamuals, or just ask you, Steve.  😀  Doesn't the White's V3i let you choose 2 of 3 frequencies?  Also, do any other detectors have this optionality?

Nope. The V3i is either one of the 3 frequencies, or one of two multi frequency options that both ran all 3 but with different signal processing. I'm not aware of any detector that allows you to choose the frequencies in multi frequency mode.

• Like 2

Well, the question has to be what are you trying to achieve?

Any detector that allowed you to pick the actual frequencies would have to be carefully designed to use that mix of frequencies together, in advance, by design. You can’t just toss stuff together and expect it to work. This is what Equinox weighting is all about. Now I see a new marketing ploy in the making. It’s not Park 1, it’s 5+15 mode. Park 2 could be 5+20 mode, Beach 2 could be 5+10 mode. All sorts of combos you could pick from to give the illusion of control. Or extend the illusion further. Pick 5 kHz and 10 kHz and the unit goes to Beach 2, but in your mind you’ve done something extra special by selecting the frequencies. But you did not and can’t. Only the engineers get to do that. All you are talking about is a different user interface that would offer the illusion of control.

PS I made those combos up.

The V3i question already answered. One of three, or all three at once. Unlike these models that blend it all together into one number, the V3i shows you the target response at each frequency independently and simultaneously. Cool stuff. But ultimately all that extra info kind of boils down to “it sounds good, dig it.” :smile: A person can fall into paralysis by analysis with the V3i.

D07DEDAA-EAEC-41FA-BADC-5628E19D6513.jpeg

86B13F6E-D012-4812-968C-9D336A8D5F81.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coinhunterseth said:

The V3i is either one of the 3 frequencies, or one of two multi frequency options that both ran all 3 but with different signal processing. I'm not aware of any detector that allows you to choose the frequencies in multi frequency mode.

thanks, coinhunterseth.  I made a classic mistake of calling out Steve H. when others here are capable of answering.  (Glad he answered, too.)  Always good to have multiple knowledgeable posters here who can field the questions.

• Like 2