New Ace Apex Video

OK, I saw that too.  Steve was in settings mode and wanted to select multi frequency.  His detector was apparently set on 15 single frequency and when he went into frequency settings stepped from 15 to 20 to Multi (which makes sense, I can see the sequence being stepping from 5 to 10 to 15 to 20 to Multi to Multi Salt and back again to 5 khz).  Also, "KG" said something weird near the beginning of the video when he found his button back. Steve asked him if he was in multi and he said yes he was in Multi "20" whatever that meant.  Maybe he was in 20 and not multi or whatever, it was confusing.

• Like 3

Ok good to know.

4 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Steve asked him if he was in multi and he said yes he was in Multi "20" whatever that meant.  Maybe he was in 20 and not multi or whatever, it was confusing.

First time the guy ever ran the machine, not like they have it all down pat.

If you could customize frequency mixes this would be a far more sophisticated and therefore more expensive machine. You are doing that by choosing different modes with Equinox, but they don’t identify the exact mix to the user.

• Like 2

The Apex is a great looking detector and I like what Garrett has done to update the Ace line. I’m really looking forward to the AT Pro being updated. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

First time the guy ever ran the machine, not like they have it all down pat. 

No mercy, Steve.  NO MERCY.  I know these Garrett guys barely know what multifrequency is, but these guys are video detecting professionals so I hold them to a higher standard.  Steve Moore has to know that this video is part marketing, part entertainment and us detector nerds are hanging on every single factoid we can squeeze out.  Heck, we're sitting here taking and posting screen shots of the thing and running the audio through spectrum and lie detecting analyzers to tease out the truth.  Steve needs to make sure KG knows how to operate that new fangled contraption and not to spew gibberish out and confuse us.  He should have edited it out or dubbed over it like a spaghetti western.  :laugh:  [Disclaimer: for those not sure, the preceding "rant" was satire]

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

No mercy, Steve.  NO MERCY.  I know these Garrett guys barely know what multifrequency is, but these guys are video detecting professionals so I hold them to a higher standard.  Steve Moore has to know that this video is part marketing, part entertainment and us detector nerds are hanging on every single factoid we can squeeze out.  Heck, we're sitting here taking and posting screen shots of the thing and running the audio through spectrum and lie detecting analyzers to tease out the truth.  Steve needs to make sure KG knows how to operate that new fangled contraption and not to spew gibberish out and confuse us.  He should have edited it out or dubbed over it like a spaghetti western.  :laugh:  [Disclaimer: for those not sure, the preceding "rant" was satire]

I  take it those 2 guys in the first  Apex video are real hunters  and not  pro actors.

The Apex seems to have a fast recovery when sweeping back and forth over a coin in the video. The audio was fast and sharp. I like it but I need the waterproof one. Nice to see a video with it out detecting a little bit. Need to see more videos of hunts with it and need to hear the Apex as it sweeps over a found target and as it sweeps thru iron. Garrett did a good job! I hope the waterproof one is light and based on the Apex with added features.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

The Apex seems to have a fast recovery when sweeping back and forth over a coin in the video. The audio was fast and sharp. I like it but I need the waterproof one. Nice to see a video with it out detecting a little bit. Need to see more videos of hunts with it and need to hear the Apex as it sweeps over a found target and as it sweeps thru iron. Garrett did a good job! I hope the waterproof one is light and based on the Apex with added features.

Agree.  i was joking around so much in my "rant", that I forgot to mention that from what I could see, Apex did sound clean and responsive.  Great screen too.  I could also see that iron volume worked while the ferrous range was discriminated out, similar to the AT series and also different than Equinox where you can only hear iron where you have eliminated discrimination in the ferrous bin.  The way Minelab "compensates" for that lack of iron volume implementation is the ability to quickly remove all discrimination and also enabling audio blanking of the threshold for any discriminated targets.  The Minelab approach is more suited to situations where you have discriminated or notched more than just the ferrous range.  Whereas, the Garrett approach is more suited to the more typical discrimination setup where all or a portion of the ferrous range is discriminated.  The waterproof version will likely have to accommodate the AT series custom waterproof headphone jack connector and a more robust sealed USB charge port, which will take up more real estate on the control module.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

I would like a waterproof  one too. Great  audio. It would be nice to have a waterproof one in the summer. 

If they can waterproof the Apex and it looks like they could. Add more features and I think we could have a waterproof one this summer. If the control unit is different than the Apex I don't think we would see it this year. So I hope it's a waterproof Apex with added features this summer.