Homemade Battery For Impulse AQ Ltd

42 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

Maybe I missed it... I miss a lot.   But Will a battery mode void the 2 year warranty?  Maybe Fisher Rep can/should answer this.  They took a good deal of time writing the “disclosure” we agreed to.   Or are we talking hypothetical here lol?

You plug what you want on your detector, here you take the risk. But with this method you do not damage the mechanics, you do not transform anything.

Alexandre, I have expressed myself wrong, I understand that the problem of the maximum depth of the AQ is one meter! Rick mentioned that the problem is the connectors, therefore when changing the battery we can change the connectors and make it reach 3 meters deep. Another thing is the guarantee! but first we have to have it available in Europe

I think the best solution for a lot of people is going to be to wait for the version FT is working on now that will address all the battery and waterproof depth rating issues. They are hard at work on it, and I do not think it will be forever, like maybe by end of year? After waiting several years a few more months can't possibly kill anybody, and most of us already have other detectors we can use in the meantime.

• Like 4

Thanks Alexandre.... i just dont want any issues with warranty.   Curious why you dont just do a box or tube that allows us to put lith in it .... which could be used on both versions if they wont be a lot of difference in performance?  Much like the CZ... which is rated to 250' as well as the Xcal with two pods.   If that was a solution...... this machine could be a steal at half price and easily shipped with lith packs on the other end.

• Like 1

All that speculation about the battery left me wondering what is actually inside the supplied NiMH pack, and whether keeping the same number of cells is best for a homebrew, or whether one or two more would help. That is: a 11-cell or 12-cell NiMH would be closer to the original design voltage of 16V (fresh) to 11V (flat).