Homemade Battery For Impulse AQ Ltd

3.17 ozs each.   I’ve used mine hard for nearly 17 mos.  stared out at 4.1 charged... both are still charging at 4.1.  They have larger mah capacity but Dimatar said these were a better longer lasting ones

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

3.17 ozs each.   I’ve used mine hard for nearly 17 mos.  stared out at 4.1 charged... both are still charging at 4.1.  They have larger mah capacity but Dimatar said these were a better longer lasting ones

Gave Joe all the info last week. He ordered four to build a set. Mine charged 4.2 and now 4.0 after 16 months of hard use. Really nice battery.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

Gave Joe all the info last week. He ordered four to build a set. Mine charged 4.2 and now 4.0 after 16 months of hard use. Really nice battery.

Thanks Carolina...I think these maybe the ticket..going for a cheap battery pack..maybe 50 dollars total? Don't want to use 1 inch PVC pipe but may.... I want to have it so anyone can make one without having to much trouble finding parts..

OBN-0003.jpg

• Like 3

The EBLs appear in button top and flat top.  Any difference in protection features. Flat top mainly for packs using metal strapping?  
There is a cell the vape shops are selling for $10 each that is quite big. I should have gotten it’s details.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:40 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks Carolina...I think these maybe the ticket..going for a cheap battery pack..maybe 50 dollars total? Don't want to use 1 inch PVC pipe but may.... I want to have it so anyone can make one without having to much trouble finding parts..

OBN-0003.jpg

Hi Joe, as we had talked earlier on CF shaft for the battery tube, and you have worked with fiberglass before. I have discovered that a fiberglass shovel handle has the exact ID to house the  INR 26650 3.7V Li - ion batteries shown above that the Tarsacci uses. One handle should be able to complete four tubes vs three for a three foot section of CF at 1/3 of the cost. I can send you some pics if you like.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bklein said:

The version shown above appears to be the flat top type.  Aren't they intended for spot welded tabs?  Will they make good contact inline in a tube?

Nothing that can't be adjusted or added. They should be here Monday, then I can go from there. Finished the clear tube LiPo battery, but need more power...4 hours is just not enough time...and I don't want to be changing batteries in the middle of a hunt....

So I have those above coming (EBL) and some Samsung 35E (8) ..they seem to be a little slower in getting here. But I'll have a few different versions of battery packs..... One with 5000mAh..26650's, then the 18650 with 7000mAh, hoping for at least 6 to 7 hours run time. Rarely hunt that long but I like to know it's there...the 26650 pack I want it to where I can pull the batteries and drop a new set in that is fully charged. The 18650 pack will be a sealed, hoping I can do that battery pack like the LiPo battery but about 2 inch's longer to fit the BMS in..

Thanks For the Help Carolina! You have always been my go to for information person. And PI adviser, even though I am a little hard headed on that..☺️

20200621_152119.jpg

20200621_152125.jpg

• Like 6