Gold Indian Head, My Best Find Ever

Congrats!

Is there a difference between determination and not knowing when to go home? Either way it payed off!

• Like 1

Fantastic find!  Definitely go back to that site.  As you note, once the construction crews take over the history will be lost forever.  😪

I think it's less likely to find gold coins in the Eastern USA than the Western.  Same for silver dollars.  The Easterners were more accepting of paper money; Westerners didn't trust that.  Seems like from the depth and location that it likely was a drop.  I suspect there are more intentionally hidden gold coins than drops.  Bottom line, though, is that you saved this one.  Well deserved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! That's incredible. What a beautiful coin. I hope there is more there. What detector were you using? 

The more I hold it the more magical it seems, No wonder why gold has fascinated us humans for thousands of years.  It truly is a strange feeling when finding something like that, It kinda takes you back to your childhood dreams of finding pirate treasure. Your heart starts pounding and hands shaking like you kissed your first girl. It really is a fantastic whirlwind of emotion. To answer your question Rick I was using my multi kruzer in 19 khz with a 9 inch concentric. 

Shout out to Kac thanks for the lucky detector charm, I think it worked Ha Ha

• Like 5

Great find!!! Gold coins have always eluded me. I've found a fair number of gold rings but no gold coins. I think I'd react the same way you did if I ever find one 🙄. As for the house coming down, maybe you can befriend the contractor and get in there after it is down and some top soil is scraped aside. They usually strip some top soil and then build a new house and return the top soil back. Lots of opportunities during and after the crews there. That is if you can get permission from the construction company or the owner.

• Like 5