Gold Indian Head, My Best Find Ever

RS Yeman 2019 has it at MS-60 or MS-63 $400 to $700.

Find of a lifetime!!!! Stuff like this keeps me hunting. You just never, never know what the next dig will reveal.

• Like 1

I've never dared to entertain the possibility of finding a gold coin, but right here is proof that it can happen.

Congratulations on a great find.  If it were me, I would go back and make sure I covered every inch of that place twice.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:39 PM, Joe D. said:

Wow, phenomenal coin! Actual value pales in comparison! That's a keeper! The condition is stellar! Look's like it just dropped out of the mint bag!

And yeah, i would keep hunting there!! It may have friends! Like a 1911 D!!💰👍👍

PS. Hope the thumb is OK!

If not, i will give you one of mine!! 👍(for the coin)!🤣

On 5/30/2020 at 1:25 AM, dogodog said:

I didn't think I would find coin like that in my entire life and at that site. Sadly the old place is slated for demo and will be replace with the typical modern  crap houses. I was surprised at the price of the coin also, seems to be worth only gold weight. But man it sure is a pretty little coin. Maybe today I'll find its big brother Ha Ha Ha.

Don't be concerned with those prices- that is a priceless find. You could buy one but it would never be worth the one you found. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

It is like getting a hole in one in golf  ,you won't  get paid for it but you won't  forget it.At least you get free food at the gold coin club lodge.

True but I'd happily trade my only hole in one for another gold coin! 😄😉

• Like 2

I want to thank all of you guy's for the words of congrats!!! I haven't been looking at posts due to a giant oak tree that hit part of my house during a wind storm. So I've been trying to put everything back in order and hope to have some more time to get out detecting soon. Thanks all

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

I just saw this... holy cow and congrats on a dream find!!!!  Wow!!!

Sorry about the oak tree, but glad no one was hurt (hopefully).

On 7/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, dogodog said:

I haven't been looking at posts due to a giant oak tree that hit part of my house during a wind storm.

A few things... A big congratulations on the gold coin. It's a beauty!

About that oak tree.. I'd stay away from any chainsaws for awhile until your thumb heals up. 😁

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

That's why we all do this crazy hobby. Huge congrats, dogodog...thanks for sharing this!!!

• Thanks 1