New Minelab Products In 2021

Any speculation on what they will be?  For me I would like to see an Equinox powered by easy changeable batteries instead of having to return to a power source.

Anyway, any guesses ?

11 hours ago, canoe said:

For me I would like to see an Equinox powered by easy changeable batteries instead of having to return to a power source.

That was the Vanquish. I would expect any higher end Equinox versions or CTX replacements to come with rechargeable batteries. Like it or not, replaceable batteries is now viewed as a low end product feature.

Minelab addresses detector lines in round robin fashion, generally addressing oldest and weakest areas in a rotating fashion between the gold prospecting and coin/relic areas. No new gold unit since the 2017 Gold Monster and a couple major coin/relic releases since (Equinox/Vanquish). No new flagship gold detector since GPZ in 2015. So it would be time for prospecting to rotate to the forefront. The 2013 CTX however is so old it does not even appear on the chart below, and so is a fairly obvious target. I would expect sales are not what they used to be since Equinox was released. With five key products in the works, we may see more than one area addressed. The MF5 I am guessing is a counter mine product.

new detector.PNG

18 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Minelab are excited....

I'm figuring they'll be the only ones excited with that "new enhanced version" but maybe I'm missing something.  Have they ever even acknoledged the Coiltek coil?

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm figuring they'll be the only ones excited with that "new enhanced version" but maybe I'm missing something.  Have they ever even acknowledged the Coiltek coil?

Mention unauthorized coils? :laugh:

I suspect the new battery will be well received. The C-cells sucked. We will see - new thread here.

Now that I have another CTX-3030 in my hands there's a part of me that doesn't want to see it replaced. I'd like to bask in the glory for a while lol. There's a pride that comes with owning machines like the CTX. For many of us it requires a lot of hard work and sacrifice. It's an accomplishment in a sense. Last time I used one it was a short testing period where I had to decide between it, a Deus, or a V3i. I opted for both a Deus and a V3i. Didn't care for the Deus, but I've never regretted the V3i. Still there was a nagging feeling for all these years that I'd like more time with the CTX if I could find the right deal. I knew I'd like it from my prior testing. In a short time it's become one of those machines I enjoy using and will not be parting with anytime soon, short of something truly revolutionary.

There's another part of me that would like to see a Multi-IQ version. I have a hard time imagining this is not in the works, but who knows, it's Minelab, so they might have something even better than we are imagining. In any case it's a mixed bag. By the year's end I could very well see my CTX bumped from flagship and my Equinox 800 bumped from top dog in the Multi-IQ lineup, of course accompanied by anxiety and OCD until I get my hands on whatever it is. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 4:31 PM, ☠ Cipher said:

Now that I have another CTX-3030 in my hands there's a part of me that doesn't want to see it replaced. I'd like to bask in the glory for a while lol. There's a pride that comes with owning machines like the CTX.

They won’t take it from you. And then nobody else can get one, keeps the club exclusive! :smile:

• Like 1

I know you're being facetious, but I really do have a sickness when it comes to owning things that are widely considered one of the best of the best. Whatever my father's motivation was, it was deeply ingrained in us kids that those things weren't for us. We'd never have them. If we ever got them, luck would never have it. I remember reading issues of Hot Rod magazine and daydreaming about a mint condition red 1979 Trans-Am with T-tops etc. "Don't kid yourself, you'll NEVER have one." Years later when I got one I almost couldn't believe it was real. I had to keep looking out into the driveway. Same when I bought a house, an iPhone, MacBook etc. Sometimes It takes some doing, but I always find my way up, and it means a lot to me when I get there. I look at the collection I have now and from where I started I feel like I should be on the outside looking in. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I hope they replace the GPX with something in the form factor of the GPZ, waterproof, more ergonomic and not costing a war pension to buy it. And maybe a ctx/equinox hybrid with a color screen and maybe target trace option or something similar, and they need a GOOD pinpointer, that will integrate wirelessly with wireless headphones, like Nokta Makro has done with the pulse dive and their headphones, that setup is such a pleasure to use.