I suppose that the APTX people would not be putting out incorrect information while at the same time trying to market their product.  But I found the above chart to be in conflict with the one posted below.  Specifically, if I read the above chart correctly, the time lag on APTX would range from 40 ms to 80 ms.  But the chart below which was posted a couple of years back on the Equinox forum (I've included the link here btw) shows APTX from 60 ms to 80 ms (vs. 40 to 80 ms) and  APTX-LL 30 - 40 ms. 

That extra 20 ms can make a huge difference.  Presuming your are leisurely swinging the coil over 3 times its width over a target centered in the middle and it takes about .8 second to traverse that distance of say 3 feet.  Then  .070 seconds delay (70 ms average aptx delay) = 36 inches/.8 sec * (70/1000) sec is  ~ 3  inches.  In other words, your coil has traversed about 3 inches over the time it has taken to hit the target with coil until it actually reaches your ear.  At APTX-ll average delays of 30 ms, that distance has narrowed to 1.3 inches.  Not ideal, but better.  SBC (regular bluetooth) is 220 ms and it is just unbearable with a swing error of almost 10 inches!  Basically, every 20 ms delay results in a swing error of about 1 inch and gets worse the faster you swing the coil.

Regular SBC bluetooth delay is unusable.  APTX I have found to be annoying but if I had no other choice could deal with it.  APTX-LL is pretty indistinguishable from real time from my experience.

Minelab Wi-Stream proprietary wireless protocol delay is about 16 ms which I suppose is similar to Garrett's Z-Lynk wireless performance.

Let us know how it goes with those APTX buds, Rick.  Would like to know if they do better than the ones I have tested. 

Thanks!

APTX to SBC Comparison.jpg

• Like 1

I finally received everything charged all took everything outside threw a silver ring and a gold ring  in the grass  I went over them with the wireless and without , I can not tell the difference........So for me the AptX-Low latency   TX and the AptX buds are working together.....At least for me.

• Like 1