Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Waterproof To 1 Meter

7 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm honestly scared to potentially burn other money in another machine, especially after the still unsolved troubles with my TDI bH and for the waterproof AQ's rate of 1mt. too... snip

The AQ shaft too is not exactly what a water hunter will love...Second mod in my plans will be a full straight Anderson type... Immediately!

In a way or another I definitely want back my good days...

When you do this for a living, yellow is what matters...

They have changed the range of waterproffness from 1m to 3m i think and the shaft is a straight shaft and you dont need to buy a straight shaft from Andersson.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PPP said:

They have changed the range of waterproffness from 1m to 3m i think and the shaft is a straight shaft and you dont need to buy a straight shaft from Andersson.

You're right! I remind the first pictures with an S handle shaft and literally hated it...Really was a nightmare to see it.

I just hope the Fisher shell will leave us some form of "extra care" available, to avoid leakage when underwater.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm honestly scared to potentially burn other money in another machine, especially after the still unsolved troubles with my TDI bH and for the waterproof AQ's rate of 1mt. too...Not to mention my old sniper Ctx, but in the water the work sounds really different from wetsand. I perfectly mastered the settings, tried anything but I'm not satisfied about noise/signal ratio.

Curious to know what troubles you have had with the TDIBH?

Let me know if I can help !!

Tony 

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 1:38 AM, PPP said:

They have changed the range of waterproffness from 1m to 3m i think

Latest word is one meter, and the only coil for now is the 12”, so that knocks a few people out. It’s not a scuba machine, it’s a wading machine. There was talk of three meters and maybe someday there will be, but for now it’s a meter or three feet. The 8” coil was just a mention once that one was being prototyped for the prospecting version. No mention ever that one is promised for the AQ model. That just seems like a decent bet, but nothing more.

The unit always was a one meter unit. Then there was brief talk it might be three meters, but that never fully developed, and at last inquiry I was again told one meter. If there is any doubt about that a Rick can confirm or deny.

To sum up, for now I’d consider this to be a waterproof wading detector, dive at your own risk. And 12” coil is all there is for now or possibly ever. If those conditions don’t satisfy you.... don’t be an early buyer.

fisher-impulse-aq-discriminating-pulse-induction-jewelry-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Curious to know what troubles you have had with the TDIBH?

Let me know if I can help !!

Tony 

Tony...I actually don't know hot to correctly explain my misappoint on this machine.

If You activate the GB is pretty similar to a VLF, without screen :(only louder and underwater I love it...).

With GB OFF is a depth monster but if you try to keep 10mS and barely present threshold it can sound even your breath drift...Wtf.....I need something between the two things.

Steve gently explained me the 12"dual field issues in saltwater, so I'm really motivated to swap the coil with one like 8" to 10"mono...Trouble is to find an open one in Europe..12x8 platypus mono was one of my choice, but seems to be discontinued and rarely available around the globe...From Australian land will cost a lot to ship here in Italy where I live...

After that, I'll need a couple of good male/female waterproof connectors to get the job done by myself...And hopefully I'll be good to turn the devil at the maximum power...(no battery mod for now) seems to be unnecessary...

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Latest word is one meter, and the only coil for now is the 12”, so that knocks a few people out. It’s not a scuba machine, it’s a wading machine. There was talk of three meters and maybe someday there will be, but for now it’s a meter or three feet. The 8” coil was just a mention once that one was being prototyped for the prospecting version. No mention ever that one is promised for the AQ model. That just seems like a decent bet, but nothing more.

There unit always was a one meter unit. Then there was brief talk it might be three meters, but that never fully developed, and at last inquiry I was told one meter. If there is any doubt about that a Rick can confirm or deny.

To sum up, for now I’d consider this to be a waterproof wading detector, dive at your own risk. And 12” coil is all there is for now or possibly ever. If those conditions don’t satisfy you.... don’t be an early buyer.

Anyway, hopefully FT will announce what this detector will cost and where to buy one soon. I also want/need to know the price and availability of a spare battery. It’s not worth while for me to invest in a lot time to get someplace to only be able to hunt 4 hours. I need to get a spare battery with mine so I can get in a full day of detecting. The beaches are open here now. Hopefully I can get an AQ before the end of summer.

If you are  wading in 5  feet of water do you think it  would be ok?

The reason a higher level of water ingress is required is due to static v dynamic water pressure. Detecting in surf and waves generates a high level of dynamic water pressure. I used to surf and had many 50m rated watches leak on me.....usually the result of wiping out. As soon as I moved to 100m to 200m rated watches, I never had another problem with water killing them. A decent wave crashing over you in only 3 feet of water will subject the control box to a high level of dynamic water pressure. I’m guessing the unit would be safer in 15 feet of calm water where the static water pressure would be less likely to force its way in.

• Like 6