Do You Think We Will Ever See More Coils For The Equinox

21 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Who knows? I don’t. Clearly it does not matter what the customer base wants. I’ve given up thinking about it.

Steve, take a  different approach. Tell them  to not make that coil. Then they probably will because they don't seem to listen to people with great detecting knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Nope, Minelab read this site.

Interesting.  Has it ever made any difference?

"No Cigar" for ML!  Close is only for "Horseshoes and Handgranades" !   

They did this to themselves!

When thousands of current Equinox customers are asking for the same thing!  They owe it to them; and their stockholder's to listen! 👂  Or at least, let the secondary market do it for them!! 👌       👍👍

(All been said before! Many... times!)

On 6/2/2020 at 1:25 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Yes. Equinox itself was the result of mining this and other forums for a “wish list” of ideas. There have been threads I created specifically to collect opinions for the engineers on other subjects. And it’s not just Minelab watching. One reason for my rules here about behaving like adults is some forums give a bad impression about detectorists. The only reason I ever got to have any influence was acting sane and offering constructive criticism on the forums over the years.

If only one idea in ten gets action... it’s still progress. Things move slowly in the detecting world. Even Nok/Mak is slowing down now that the easy part is over.

How true Steve, I could certainly put a 9" coil to good use among the stubble.

Would i like more?  Yes.  A 9" coil would be nice. Something like the stock coil on the vanquish would be great for poking around the nooks and crannies of the sage brush out in the old ghost towns. 

Do I think we'll see anymore coils for the current EQ600 and EQ800.   Nope.  

Something to throw out there;  has anybody verified the vanquish and equinox coils are chipped differently ?  The Vanquish isn't something  I was looking into so I don't know if they are incompatible due to the connectors  or  are they different beasts all together.  Just curious if anybody sacrificed a couple coils to see if a vanquish coil with an equinox connector worked.  or vice versa. 

Rich -