Jeff McClendon

Covid 19 Has Been Good To Me Gold

Great finds, like you said it's all gold and that is good.

Happy hunting and good luck!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Five Golden Rings...

Nice, must be the 5th day of Christmas!  Without revealing too much, were these recovered from the water?

• Like 1

All access to public lake beaches and rivers/streams is closed in my area due to crowd control and avoiding water rescues for paramedics who have their hands full. So these are all turf finds with some mower damage included that will definitely go to the refinery. 

Those water restrictions are a real bummer since my favorite thing to do (besides detecting) is to hit Clear Creek near Golden Colorado for a quarter of a gram of gold (or more!!) in an hour or two of exercise via river sluicing when the weather gets really hot like it will be this week.

Just heard water restrictions will begin to be lifted on Wednesday June 3rd.....whoopee.

Jeff

• Like 4

good on you

• Like 1

That's a great bunch of gold, and I agree nothing beats dropping the sluice in a creek on a hot summers day for a bit of fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so,whats your ring finding technique if you don't mind my asking? Dig it all or something better?

-Tom V.

• Like 1

May you have more Mays.

It is a shame you have to change your normal hunting pattern and find gold as a result.  Maybe it is a pattern worth keeping!

Mitchel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tvanwho said:

so,whats your ring finding technique if you don't mind my asking? Dig it all or something better?

-Tom V.

I use Park 2 because of high mineralization. Otherwise, I don't think it really matters what one uses. Like Steve, I hunt with a very long screwdriver and a quality pinpointer, F Pulse/Tek Point rocks by the way. I just hunt in basic Park 2 with either 5 or 50 tones depending on the trash levels. I dig any target that sounds really good between VDI 6 and VDI 21 if I am just looking for gold jewelry. In my dirt, women's 10K rings like those in the photo will hit with a beautiful round well defined tone and solid 7, 8, 9 or 10 number (not jumpy) and will pinpoint with a high to medium tone down to about 6" with an easy to hear circumference. The same sized aluminum targets will usually have jumpy numbers and tones (in 50 tones), double or triple beep and have a much higher pinpoint tone with a circumference that is hard to define. I also rarely dig coin sized aluminum past 6" depth. I do come across the occasional beaver tail pull tab at 7 to 8" which sound really good and are dug out with the appropriate foul language. 14K women's rings have slightly higher numbers between 10 and 12. The larger men's 10K ring sounded a little bit like a modern pull tab and had 13/14 for its VDI. It double beeped from all directions and was 5" deep and had a medium toned, well defined pinpoint tone. Modern pull tabs usually also have jumpy 13-15 VDIs but will pinpoint with a much higher pitch..............

All of these gold rings sounded different enough from aluminum to get my full attention. Every gold ring I have every found with the Equinox has done the same. I think I am up to 31 in 2 years and NONE were found at a salt or fresh water beach. All were buried turf finds.

Jeff

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Aaron
      Went back again to lake last week w the Tarsacci, managed to find another small child’s gold ring again. This one was down at least 6” and sounded very good. I’m getting a chest mount for my iPhone, so I promise my next video will be better! 
      Aaron
    • By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Seen a opening to get out today but just not the right spot for the "AQ' yet. Come winter I see the "AQ" getting a real good work out here. Today I took the excalibur for I was not sure what conditions I would be walking into. Working in close first nothing..... but Iron and trash..dug a few pieces and decided to go deep, still not a lot of targets. Slowly working my way deeper and parallel to the beach about 600 foot out...shoulder deep I got a couple nickels kind of shallow (2 scoops) then slowed to the snail's pace...Got another signal, broken but being I just got two nickels I'm going to dig all...3 scoops, maybe 12 inch's deep ..surprise...Gold. 

• By Rick N. MI
      Both silver. Was using the Equinox 800 with 6" coil. Using Park 2, 2 tone, recovery 4, iron bias 0, and sensitivity 24. I like Gold mode too. 
      Not worth much, 2 earrings worth $0.50. Like finding 2 quarters lol. The stone is cz.  They are real jewelry though.

• By The Seeker
      I got out today for a low tide hunt and some needed exercise.  Conditions weren’t good but I was eager to give it a whirl. After an hour I got a 7-8 on the MDT8000 and this 10k ring popped out.  I haven’t tested the diamond chips yet. The rest of the hunt was uneventful but I had already achieved my goal so I was good to go. Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Out yesterday for the first time in a while. Went to a spot that has been Hammered so much by every water machine made... it really is hard to find anything good. I took a friend to this spot last year, his words.."I hate this place" I will never come back here again...And the reason is......... it's lacking targets of any kind other then shallow trash or fishing sinkers freshly lost......and being up a cove there is little to no sand movement. So if there is anything good it is going to be deep.

Someone asked a few weeks ago about buoyancy I want to make a correction on something. Yesterdays hunt I took and let the AQ float on the surface in calm water...and this is without the cuff on my arm..the rear does sink fairly fast...needed to correct that information... Also the Nox really drives the AQ crazy..I could hear it coming like a helicopter off in the distant's..

• By GaryC/Oregon Coast
      OK, Been in Oregon bout three years now.  First two years were spent on getting my house in order and new additional garage built.  Then came the Nox, waited on a list for months.  Kept myself busy with my old X-Terra 705 until the Nox arrived but did not go out as much as I should have.  Waiting for a new toy to arrive is not the thing to do, you lose your edge for hunting.  Fast forward now to the waiting list for the AQ limited.  This one is also driving me nuts.  I watch the email daily hoping it's coming soon and follow this website for AQ tidbits.  It's like the Nox all over again.  I haven't gone hunting with my trusted Tesoro Sandshark P.I.for two years now and that's just not acceptable.  Well today I jotted down a couple of pocket beaches I spotted driving up the coast a few months ago and decided to hit them at low tide.
      The first one I hunted with the Sandshark just at the waters edge where the water riverlets started to separate the mud.  This is where most of the coins settled out.  At high tide it's about three feet deep here.  No gold but good to hear those crisp coin tones and the sinker was about another 12" deep.  Decided to do the last beach with the Nox.  Went down the steps, out about fifteen feet to a used fire pit/burnt area.  First signal was a solid 12.  The ring couldn't have been there very long because it wasn't more than three inches deep in soft sand.  Nice 2.9 gram, not marked but acid tested 10K gold.  Fake diamonds with pearlescent type stones.  The gold is there, I just have to keep telling myself the will is there and get off my butt and quit watching my email.  What will happen will happen for a reason.  Persistence has always put gold and silver in the bag.  This was a good day!  GaryC/Oregon Coast