First Gold Chain Ever!

Quite a find!  You were rewarded for investigating that low TID.  I'm surprised you found gold in a middle school lot.  I've always figured parents wouldn't let the younger children take that kind of valuable to school.  Shows what I know about current parenting, although I suppose it could have been dropped by someone older.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I've always figured parents wouldn't let the younger children take that kind of valuable to school.  Shows what I know about current parenting, although I suppose it could have been dropped by someone older.

I think the track is used by others as well. I have done well on school grounds over the years in Utah, usually men's bands for some reason... probably because I was not digging the "junk" low numbers. Makes one wonder how many gold rings were passed over.🤔

• Like 1

Outstanding find,very well done,that is why i always dig 2 and above or even if its a iffy signal it still have too come out.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Excellent job with the find but even more so in not damaging it while recovering it. Congratulations!

The pinpointer told me it was not deep, so I just put the digger about 2 inches under it and pried up. The ground was wet enough that it was fairly easy to untangle the necklace from the grass and then stuff the sod back down.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phrunt said:

your chain sounded like a nice normal solid signal so perhaps I've been chasing the wrong thing 🙂  I don't dig near enough low numbers, I should be.

It may be because of the tiger that it showed up at that number. The chain was in one clump and not spread out, so that would likely be different if it were oriented differently. After reading something on this forum about the lower numbers, 6-10, I have dug almost all the strong signals in that range. Back when I had my MXT, I was new to detecting and only dug the nice coin numbers. It is when I got the E-trac that things started to make sense and I started to find more jewelry. With the help of this forum and the Equinox, it makes the odds of finding the gold much better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Againstmywill said:

It may be because of the tiger that it showed up at that number. The chain was in one clump and not spread out, so that would likely be different if it were oriented differently. After reading something on this forum about the lower numbers, 6-10, I have dug almost all the strong signals in that range. Back when I had my MXT, I was new to detecting and only dug the nice coin numbers. It is when I got the E-trac that things started to make sense and I started to find more jewelry. With the help of this forum and the Equinox, it makes the odds of finding the gold much better.

I have  only found one turf gold with nox and that was because  it sounded like a coin. I have  been focusing on silver mostly with nox in the turf. In the water is a  different matter. I Have got many gold with it.To get turf gold you have to be focused on it to get better     results.  I was more   focused with x-terra on turf gold so I did much better.

• Like 1

I have a different theory on why it is there.

You showed a picture of a sand pit and a bit of track leading up to it.  If in fact it had been a long jump pit the chain flew off of the jumper and they were not able to find it!  Athletes love bling.

You did a good find.

In my experience with some gold jewelry the solid charm and the hozzel sound louder than the chain.  As Simon said (Simon Says the game) chains sound scratchy.  That has been my experience also with so many surfaces to bounce the signal.  The exception for me has been when a chain balls up and it is a very solid number like a ring.

Mitchel

• Like 3