Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Edition?

I'm in. I've been following the Manta / Impulse project since I first caught wind years ago.

I'm curious how Fishers' "unconventional" marketing plan, that Rick referred to over on Tom's website ( http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,171347,page=2 )  , will be handled.  

Carl refers to a limited release as well.

I hope I'm not left standing in the cold.

UtahRich 

Who knows. When a dealer has one I can buy and a price I’ll buy one. If it’s so limited only special people with special connections can get one... well the product will be a failure and I won’t care. Any company that can’t make enough of something that people want is not worth doing business with. I refuse to buy into any of the “Limited Edition” and “Special Edition” stuff. Yeah, like the F75 Ltd, so limited you can still buy them new 20 years later! :laugh: but seriously, if FT is not making and selling these for at least a few years, then it is a business failure. Maybe the first few units are “Limited” in some way, but making just 20 units would not begin to cover the cost of even designing and tooling up for the battery case.

If FT only makes 20 and quits... did you really need one after all? Think about it. The only way that happens is if it does not perform to a level that people are willing to pay for.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Who knows. When a dealer has one I can buy and a price I’ll buy one. If it’s so limited only special people with special connections can get one... well the product will be a failure and I won’t care. Any company that can’t make enough of something that people want is not worth doing business with. I refuse to buy into any of the “Limited Edition” and “Special Edition” stuff. Yeah, like the F75 Ltd, so limited you can still buy them new 20 years later! :laugh: but seriously, if FT is not making and selling these for at least a few years, then it is a business failure. Maybe the first few units are “Limited” in some way, but making just 20 units would not begin to cover the cost of even designing and tooling up for the battery case.

If FT only makes 20 and quits... did you really need one after all? Think about it. The only way that happens is if it does not perform to a level that people are willing to pay for.

I agree,while Marketing strategy is something every company is entitle to his own,consumer have to be receptive right??

A question i ask myself often is :is the US market the biggest in the world for metal detectors??Followed by Europe,Australia, Africa????

Or Detectorist in the US more inclined to buy whatever is new???(Thats of course just a supposition),or maybe something more deeply personal psychologically like lets find relic on our soil with made a homemade machine???

RR

8 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

US market the biggest in the world for metal detectors??

No. Africa, gold detectors.

When it comes to this detector, the U.S. market is minuscule. Most detectorists here have not heard about it and would not care if they did. Too expensive, too limited. Most club members swing $500  - $700 VLF detectors.

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No. Africa, gold detectors.

So the official launch of the new range of Fisher Gold prospecting dedicated machines will be launch in Addis Ababa lets book our tickets!!!!

RR

• Haha 2

I think the return on investment is with the AU version and the AQ is a stepping stone to developing that. 

If there is a limited production of the AQ overall due to difficulties in production and keeping costs inline I would still like to have one in hand for my plans. 

The next several weeks are going to be interesting. 

Rich

COVID19 has added to Fisher’s burdens in getting these ready to sell. They were shut down by mayor’s orders and are now only allowed 25% manning. Since the majority of their workforce is comprised of El Paso residents of Latin American extraction, and since COVID19 seem to be hitting Latin American families pretty hard, it is not unlikely that it could touch Fisher as well.

This whole thing is putting me - once again - in the position of being (rightfully) expected to know what is going on. As of this Friday morning, I can truthfully say that I do not entirely know the status of the ongoing production of the AQ or what Fishers plans are for marketing it - wish I did - it would spare me a good deal of potential and actual embarrassment.

• Like 5

As usual, I am with Steve.  Can someone, Rick maybe since Fisher just isn't forthcoming on much of anything, at least let everyone know how to purchase the Impulse when it comes out?  Will it be through dealers or factory direct?  I don't see this as rocking the boat at all.  It just continues to be so odd that price, accessories (good take on the battery, Steve, 4 hours doesn't cut it without a backup), manual, way to purchase, none of this is being mentioned by anyone.  And if this is a limited release, which again makes no sense, I think a lot of us will be out when it comes to purchase one.  Just make the darn things and if they work they will sell, right?

Hopefully they just do factory direct like the Teknetics sales model.  Kind of amusing hearing “dealers” talking about pre-orders for a machine that the manufacturer has barely even acknowledged 😂😂

2 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

COVID19 has added to Fisher’s burdens in getting these ready to sell. They were shut down by mayor’s orders and are now only allowed 25% manning. Since the majority of their workforce is comprised of El Paso residents of Latin American extraction, and since COVID19 seem to be hitting Latin American families pretty hard, it is not unlikely that it could touch Fisher as well.

This whole thing is putting me - once again - in the position of being (rightfully) expected to know what is going on. As of this Friday morning, I can truthfully say that I do not entirely know the status of the ongoing production of the AQ or what Fishers plans are for marketing it - wish I did - it would spare me a good deal of potential and actual embarrassment.

Hey Rick,

I've been following this for a very long time. Like others here, I'm appreciative that we've had some source of information to keep us apprised as things with this 'detector' have moved along. 

Would I like to have seen all of this wrapped up a couple years ago?  Well sure. But bringing a new product to market can be incredibly challenging, and sometimes roadblocks are hit that just don't go away because those involved wish so. It takes work and brilliant ideas to get through these.

There have been very critical voices screaming away, LOUDLY.  Fortunately, I have an iron audio adjustment for those screaming voices here on Steve's forum (thank you Steve), so I can hear the important things going on.

To boot, we have an ever changing unknown in all of this, the COVID19 virus, that could step in and create even more problems for First Texas.  Let's hope not.

I'm hoping the Fisher has their ducks in a row and has the AQ in production even if in small measures, that your new 'Fisher Dealership' is all squared away, and that those of us that are very interested in acquiring an AQ are able to do so soon.

Rich - 

• Like 3