Do You Know Doodads Well, How About This One?

I was detecting a site yesterday (1900 to 1940's) and made a few interesting finds.

The video can be view on my "Gerry McMullen" facebook page.

How old do you think this Dr. Scholl's brass metal insert is and does anyone know of collectors for such stuff?

The other 2 items are sterling and the pin is stamped.  Looks like a military type pin, and your help in ID'ing is needed.

The flower was a little more black and when I rubbed it it shined, like a coin does.  it looks like it could have had a stone in it.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you could ID a couple of these and other folks can learn from them.

Thanks in advance.

RRD.jpg

RRA.jpg

RRB.jpg

RRC.jpg

• Like 5

The bottom picture is from a Navy corps man circa 1944.

The Doctor Scholls piece is for corrective shoes early 1920's.

The silver pin is nice and after you clean it in a ultrasonic jewelry cleaner will be a nice item for your wife.

Should the flower have a red center jewel I have seen other similar from the 1920's.

Nice hunting and I hope I have helped a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like that MD pin!  I've found a few shoe supports that dated to the 1800's, I suspect that there were originally surrounded by some other mateial that's long since rotted away by the time we find them, else I cannot imagine them being comfortable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I've found a few shoe supports that dated to the 1800's, I suspect that there were originally surrounded by some other mateial that's long since rotted away

They were originally with leather or lamb skin.

• Like 2