Fisher Impulse And The Magic Of A Short Pulse Delay

Not disappointed at all... I think we were all pretty clear about that on the thread, that Carl and Simon are talking AU development. The AQ... no way I need to be chasing foil and I sure am not after micro jewelry. No talk of thin chains.👎🏼 We want rings, heavy chains.... weight! Ounces, no, pounds of gold! That is what the Impulse AQ is made to find!!

19120401545225059016539709.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Simon, that's interesting that the QED picks it up. Do you know what you found it with? I assumed the GPZ would not detect a piece that small, whereas the SDC and GM would.

I'm still gonna send you a few targets, but I had to order some more popsicle sticks.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I don't have a little Sadie to test with.

And JW doesn't, either?  I don't know if the White's TDI coils work on the QED, but they (or someone) did make the 4" x 6" for it.  I have that and the Sadie but I'm a bit far for you to run by and pick them up....

Good thread and thanks for your testing and videos.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Carl's test targets have arrived.  On initial testing the #9 on the ice cream stick is harder to hit than my old crusty #9 I'd found with my VLF.

It still requires touching the coil but the signal is softer, far softer.  The other sizes on the sticks are no issue.

I will do proper testing when it's not snowing as I'd like to do it outside of my house away from EMI sources so there is no chance of interference.   I will also try various coils.

IMG_20200708_085917.thumb.jpg.68f0f7abf0e360fdef23103c20608d02.jpg

My previous #9 looks about the same size if not smaller but it's gone rusty brown colour.

726649991_mynumber9.jpg.8ae78c893f9ca98e6f35c85b3584639c.jpg

He might have  gave you shot with a higher antimony %.Your found load is oxidized so it may hit better.I have not tried my     new#9  shot but a old shell I found that  is oxidized too in #9.

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

On initial testing the #9 on the ice cream stick is harder to hit than my old crusty #9 I'd found with my VLF.

My previous #9 looks about the same size if not smaller but it's gone rusty brown colour.

Just in case you didn't think of this:  did you check yours with a magnet?  Also, can you weigh both?  (I guess not now that you've epoxied them onto tongue depressors.  😄)

I'm not a hunter, but when I was involved in balloon borne science experiments, there were issues with what kind of ballast was used.  (Various types of shot were used as ballast.)  If I recall, in Canada we were not allowed to use lead due to concern over its environmental impact.  Steel and glass were substitutes for lead in that application.

I noticed Jason and DwD mentioned composition differences also.  Knowing Carl (well, his reputation that is) I suspect he sent you something close to pure lead.

Thanks for your tests.  Still haven't borrowed JW's Nugget Finder 6"x8" Sadie Advantage?  (He probably thinks you're at the ski slopes, not to return to a *real man's* pasttime until the spring thaw.  😄)

Now you have me wondering if anyone has gotten White's TDI coils to work on the QED.  (You'd likely be one to know, or Reg Wilson or Karelian.)  White's (I don't think White's actually made them, but they did sell them for a short time, or maybe it was Jimmy Sierra...) had a 4"x6" for the TDI.  I don't think even you or JW has a PI coil that tiny!