Getting A GMX

I will be getting a Whites GMX in a few days that will be second hand.I hope it  does good in shallow water.If not  then it will be a turf and tot lot machine .That is 2 whites in a row  for a purchace.I got a TRX last month.  It took me 20 years to get a whites  .A  new machine always makes me try harder  when I get it.It will be fun to see what it can do.

whites-goldmaster-gmx-sport-waterproof-gold-nugget-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 2

It is a special detector. It runs so smooth and quiet. There is no chatter. You will enjoy it. I hope it works for you in the water.

I could see some future White's detectors based off of this engineering.

My machine arrived on the 4th. I put it together  but  I have to learn how to go through all the settings   with confidence  so I know  I am not messing things up.One thing I did is I used a  lady's thin medium size below a nickel hit gold ring in beep mode and compared it to a rusty bottlecap.When I pulled away  from the gold ring the signal went away  fast but the bottlecap signal  held on much longer plus the signal was very  intense.It is early to see if this will  still work (bigger rings)  when I do  more testing but it is a good sign.

• Like 1

I took the Gmx with 6" coil for a  spin  at a tot lot    next to a kiddie soccer field.I need to get coil covers for both coils for beach use.I was  able to run at sens. of 10 with boost 2 no  problem.  I found very small aluminum in tot lot and was only digging shallow hits of less then 2"(To hot). I did manage to get a nice size cz clad stud ear ring.I even got a #2 steel  shot pellet.In the    turf I dug a 2016 Dominican 50 peso coin as I was just going for coin hits in this pounded field.I like the tight signals from the 6" coil.I think I will like this machine but it  does not have the  turn on a dime ability of the Nox.You can hunt silver then change modes and your hunting small gold.    I think the Gmx  will be great small gold   machine   .

• Like 1

I took the Gmx to the beach and hunted the dry sand. There are so many coal like black   hot  rocks that sound good with  numbers all the way to the 60's that it was  not where I would want to use  this machine. Hunted 2 and a half  hours and found 1 penny.One  friend found 3.18 plus silver ring with Tesoro and cleansweep coil and the other found 2.85 plus 2 clad hoop earrings with nox.I was just going for solid shallow  hits.I did take it in the water  for a few minutes and it seemed stable but I was only a foot deep.Still to early to tell in water  .I have to pick my spots with this machine . I  turf hunted after and got 5 Wheaties and a swank sterling piece of jewelry with nox in a pounded area.  The nox is a treasure greedy machine for sure.